Fon Router Marke Iii?

Hardware wise all I've noticed is that the AP51 has a stronger processor and slightly more memory.

I personally added the Mk 3 features to the fon v1 way back as a POC, the only problem that arose was when network sniffing/MiTM, if the processor hit 100% or the memory hit 100% the fon would reboot, and lose the data.

I believe the Mark 3, interface and scripts should work on the fon.

The problem is that its complex and a lot of work, if you dont know what your doing its difficult to debug and fix.

Darren and the Team are doing an amazing job, at simplifying this processes so that eventually it will be available to everyone.

Its understandable that we all have other projects/jobs that take up most of our time.

We all just have to be patient.

Hi Guys,

I have recently purchased and received my mark 2 (a couple of months ago) and I've also been wondering if the hardware could handle the new firmware... I've looked around and searched but I haven't found a clear cut answer one way or the other...

I don't mind fiddling around with installing and being a test idiot. But I'd like to know if it will be possible...

Regards

Arjuna

I'm trying to get the new features of the Mark 3 ported to the Mark 2 in a way that will allow us to both offer a guide as well as a trade-in program for those who don't wish to get their hands dirty. That said there are several enormous differences between the mk2 and mk3 that prevent it from being as simple as a firmware flash. I'm thinking what's most likely is that a secondary management web interface may be added as a companion to the "Karma on the Fon" interface on port 1471.

I'm trying to get the new features of the Mark 3 ported to the Mark 2 in a way that will allow us to both offer a guide as well as a trade-in program for those who don't wish to get their hands dirty. That said there are several enormous differences between the mk2 and mk3 that prevent it from being as simple as a firmware flash. I'm thinking what's most likely is that a secondary management web interface may be added as a companion to the "Karma on the Fon" interface on port 1471.

Sounds good! if we could get those services running on the mk2 it would be perfect. I don't want to mail it from Indonesia, you may get it in a month, year, or never. So, I'm happy to get my hands dirty...

does the pineapple i trade in need to be working? :P because i messed up a line when changing IP addressing and now i have no ip address. so you would have to use a serial cable to flash it... anyway i have a second v2 thats working fine and would trade either or in, and try to upgrade the other, but when you say trade in do you mean you'll flash it for us? or give us a whole new one with the new hardware?

I'd say if I can get the important bits from the Mark III software ported to the Mark II and we do a trade in program we'll make it a "best effort" sort of thing. We have the equipment here to access the chip and reflash at a low level if necessary so I'd say even if it is bricked 9 times out of 10 we can bring it back :). Stay tuned

• 1 month later...