PS3 Interface revealed

DLSS

I don't really understand what the problem would be with that interface. It's a clean minimalistic interface that does what it needs to do. If you are going to bash the PS3 you could at least do it for something that's actually bad. Like the presumed pricing or that they might have supply issues with manufacturing the amout that they need and the yields for the cell processor itself. Or even worse, the apparent lack of something to really compete with xbox live.

Once being a Playstation fan for so many years, it's hard to admit, I won't buy the ps3. I have not been impressed with the development thus far on the console and because it's so very far behind the 360 in terms of release date and number of worthy titles, sony has lost all ground. For me and the video game market. I'm sure there will be amazing games for the console when released but I won't be in line to grab a ps2, I'll be in line to pick up a full 360 w/ Halo 3.

I think MS have beaten them, come christmas what are kids parents going to get? A £200 Xbox 360 core, a £280 xbox 360 full system, or a £400+ PS3?

They are going to get a Wii!! :P

I'm not such a big fan of Nintendo in recent years. I loved the NES, SNES and N64, but then they stoped using cartriges... while we do have a game cube, I never realy played it, my little brothers loved playing more up to date versions of the same stuff they had on the N64 (Zelda, Mario games (racer, platformer, what ever) and Super smash brothers). However, you could get any of the 'more growen' up games for the PS2 (No xbox in this house).

There is that as well, but I'm guessing that for most of the unwashed masses, a XBox 360 would be a more popular choice. Amongst my non-geek friends, its like "Xbox 360... looks pretty cool, PS3 is *HOW MUCH*?, whats this wee? wiy? wii thingy?".

It just looks like MS knew it wasn't going to be able to match the PS3 pound for pound tech wise, and just concentrated on making a decent solid games system. Aren't they also planning a add on HD, and a addon HD-DVD player? It just seems a bit more modular, and a lot more solid. A very good implimentation of todays high end tech, rather than an experiment with some untried stuff like the PS3.

I'm sure if the PS3 eventually comes out, and its good enough to justify the price tag, people will buy it, but with the Cell yeild, the complexity, the price tag, the inistance on blueray, its gonna bomb.

actually if u compare the xbox360 and ps3

the ps3 will b the cheaper one

if u correctly compare ....

look it has more power + a blu-ray reader and HD output

the 360 dont su u would need to get the extra hddvd driver

and in total your cost will come out higher whilst the ps3 will still b more powerfull ...

i must admit i like the m$ dashboard theey got going but ....

i wil never get a microsoft console NEVER !!! its bad enough i have windows bsod-ing i feel no need wots so ever to see that on a console

if i would have a lot of doh i would get the ps3...

if i will buy a console this gen it will deffonately be the wii ...

i wil never get a microsoft console NEVER !!! its bad enough i have windows bsod-ing i feel no need wots so ever to see that on a console

If you're comparing bad faults because of a company, then I don't think people will buy a PS3 because they don't want rootkits.

If you're comparing bad faults because of a company, then I don't think people will buy a PS3 because they don't want rootkits.

there hasnt beenany sign of sony putting rootkits on there own console yet (why would they ?)

while there is proof of the 360 bsod-ing ....

bsod_large.jpg

xbox360_bsod_01.jpg

its even on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBox360

How many people do you know who own 1080i HDTV sets right now, or who will be buying one in the next 2-3 years? How many people do you know who are excited about blueray? And i mean people who aren't geeks. The 360 does 720p, you just need a cable, which if your buying a HDTV, will be the last of your price worries. And if you don't have a HDTV, why spend the extra right now, for a HD player? You can buy the consol today, enjoy it on your 480i TV, and when you need to, you can buy the addon.

It spreads the costs. That way you don't have to drop £400/£500 on something you can't make full use of just yet. So if your a middle income family or a 20something, you can have the latest toys and still eat. And if you a kid, its 6 months less on your paper route.

When were they taken? Where? Whats the full story? You can't just throw random images into a debate without citation, especially in the age of photoshop.

I think your childish anti-Microsoft stance is coloring your argument somewhat.

When were they taken? Where? Whats the full story? You can't just throw random images into a debate without citation, especially in the age of photoshop.

I think your childish anti-Microsoft stance is coloring your argument somewhat.

auw man that hurts .....

and i dont think its a anti-ms pick there it originally comes from :

http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/xbox360/bso...360_bsod_01.jpg

here's teh artikel -> http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EE...FAkTlDmtsQO.php

and the topic on their forums :

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=456825

no need to call me childish

i dont like ms but i wont lie bout them

and will always give credit were it is due and make honest comparisons

(hey a few posts earlyer i also sayd i really digg their dashboard ....

if i was uber-anti ms i wouldn't say something like that wouldi ? )

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=456825
The Wal-Mart display units are overheating (this has been confirmed) because they are locked up in a glass cabinet with no air vents . None of the other retailers that have demo units are reporting these (heat related) issues .

--DGP--

I guarentee you that if you had your original XBOX locked up in a glass case for days on end sucking up the same hot air it was blowing out it with no ventilation it would lock up. Matter of fact I have seen XBOX kiosks locked up before, but has mine? No. Besides they have one at the local Gamestop and EBGames... not a single problem, these things f'ing rock. Do not listen to the naysayers... these people despite what they say are looking for anything to be wrong with these things.

-- Puckster069 --

Have you seen the boxes they keep those things in when there on display play in stores? There probally not the best thing for air circulation. And given that there being played from 9am to 5pm buy the general public, and for 3-4 hours after that by the staff, i think crashing is to be expected.

Any games console can crash...

You're just pointing out the Xbox360's crashes because they're made by Microsoft, and I doubt the Xbox360's crash is far from being an actual BSOD.

Considering the amount of Xbox360's sold, and you showed 2 pictures most likely of the same crash. I think it's safe to say, more people have NOT had it crash than those who have.

My PS2 and gamecubes have crashed befor. When they did they just sort of did a windows 9x crash, they just locked up. Which is why I prefer cartrige consoles. Absalutly no moving parts (appart from the moving of the cartrige) means maximum reliability. I can't recall a time when a NES, SNES or N64 locked up on me.

I can't recall a time when a NES, SNES or N64 locked up on me.

No, the NES just didn't start in the first place without a good blow of the old contacts :P

same counts 4 the snes btw.

tho i really loved (and still love) them consoles

i do prefere the one's with disks cos their easyer to backup

its the games... not the system anyway.

Amen to that.

And it might be worth noting that a game with outstanding graphics doesn't automatically become fun to play either. Game design involves more than just the graphics engine.

I will get the ps3 when it comes out, i have always liked the ps2 games and not really have had any interest in xbox games.

I cant wait for the getaway 3 on ps3, this game will show off how good the ps3 is and i just cant wait for the ps3 lineup.

Sony are taking a big risk with the ps3 tho, putting so much money into it and theres so many people moaning about the price.

Yeah so what if its £425, its a games console you buy once every 5 yrs for god sake, not like you have to upgrade it (with pcs) every 6 months.

I think HD is the way forward tho, in terms of content sony will beat ms hands down when it comes to movies and the sheer amount of data a disk can hold.

blueray can hold 50gb duel layer, hddvd is a pathetic 15gb LOL.

Think about it tho, you could have 2 movies on 1 blue ray disk well hddvd can hold 1 with limited picture quality.

I have ordered my HD TV since ive had a old 15" flatscreen which was my dads for like 15 years.

Im not saying xbox360 is bad tho, i like the design but dont have a keen eye on any games for it.