Run OS X ...

Throdne

Hey, i would like to boot apple OSX from a Home build amd computer. is that posable? like bootcamp beta for the new apple. but i want it for the pc not the mac. i think they did a show on it but i cant reminber if they did. so, im looking for a step by step guide on how to install that. is there special thinks i need to get it to work? if you want to can email me at rocketworld111@gmail.com

thanks,

`throdne

Alternatively if you don't have a CPU the supports SSE2/SSE3, check out PearPC... it runs the PPC (G3/G4) version of MacOS X and works like a charm! All that pretty-ness...

You can even get online with it! You don't have to worry about drivers either and your PC doesn't have to have specific hardware to run it... it's teh awesomeness!

Also AFAIK doing this isn't actually illegal, though it may break the EULA...

Not too difficult, waiting for installation to complete from DVD-ROM and the dd in linux to make the disk image you want to install OSX to is a pain.

I used to run a dual boot, WinXP Pro, and Mac OS X (PPC) running on top of a barebones copy of Slackware 10.1 running PearPC by default, so it would basically go through the whole linux boot, you could watch it's pretty white text, and then end up seeing the screen go white, and then the apple logo appear in the middle of the screen. It was pretty. It was kinda slow at times, but that's emulation for ya. On a 64bit processor, i can only imagine how much faster it would be.

i see what you are saying but im booting it (10.4.6) not run a vutial one. how do i try to fix that. should i be moving it when its booting. so when i get to please pick your lang. i can't click on a lang becuase it stuck up there.

i think that would help.

it boot just fine. its just teh mouse thing in the top left.

throdne

i see what you are saying but im booting it (10.4.6) not run a vutial one. how do i try to fix that. should i be moving it when its booting. so when i get to please pick your lang. i can't click on a lang becuase it stuck up there.

i think that would help.

it boot just fine. its just teh mouse thing in the top left.

throdne

You're running OS X for PC? Or did you take my suggestion for the PearPC running on a barebones copy of linux? If you took my suggestion, you need to use a USB mouse, and make sure the GPM is loaded so the mouse will work in the console, and thusly in turn, in MacOS, if you're using the PS/2 plug type, I don't know how to get that working, USB worked fine for me. If GPM is running, try removing it from startup, let OS X initialize the USB devices itself rather than the computer making them ready before hand.

no i have three hard drives one for xp that is a nsft format and the other one is fat32 for osx nothings on it. and the three is a etra for my itunes music and world of warcraft.

what i have is xp boots fine but when i restart the computer and have the osx 10.4.6 cd in and i can boot right form there and works great but when im going though the installation part my mouse is stuck in the top left i that all the trouble i have.

and all i need is how do i fix that.

thanks throdne