What kind of stuff do you think is realy cool?

Sparda

ok, this thread has a realy ambiguse name, simpley becasue it's very ambiguse. When I say 'cool' I don;t exacly mean cool. I mean, what kind of thing would you realy like to exists?

The kind of answer I can imagin most people would give is "very fast computer", but I'm not after some thing that will ever exsis. I want to know what kind of stuff you would like to exsist but will never exsist for one reason or another. If you still don't understand what I mean, read the following paragraph:

I have no idea why but I personaly have a thing for over the top technolgy and macheinary (it's not a fetish... I hope). By over the top I mean, compleatly unessasery over the top. A good example would be the spider from the movie "Wild Wild West"

spider.jpg

Compleatly over the top but I personaly find it extramly cool (to me any way). This doesn't just applie to coal/steam powered stuff but also to compleatly unessaserily over the top computerised stuff. There are many excelent examples of this through out the game Quake 4. In Quake 4 you will often come across big (20" or so) touch sensative flat panle displays thats sole pupose is to open and close a single door, thats just cool (to me). Technolagy on crack is what I like. Any one else? :P

Not such a big fan of star treck, but ye, thats prety good as well.

The mechs in mechwarrior never seemed that belivable to me, the mechs offten look out of proportions. The legs looked too small to look like they could carrie there own wight plus the rest of the mech.

The mechs in mechwarrior never seemed that belivable to me, the mechs offten look out of proportions. The legs looked too small to look like they could carrie there own wight plus the rest of the mech.

Your right in some respects but without going to geeky into it, considering the kind of metalic armor the mechs would have to have to withstand gauss rifle and 20-spread missle shots, I'm sure the same material could hold up a 80-ton killing machine.

Just imagine though, driving a 30 meter tall, missle and 30m gattling gun hosting machine to school. Or better yet, Iraq. I'm sure the Taliban would surrender almost immeadily.

I was stationed along the Iraq/Iran border for a few months, and we kept getting fuckers from al-queda and the taliban creeping across. Them and the iranians and other "insurgents" kept us busy for a while. We kept finding things on them that weren't from iraq/iran and kept wondering wtf. Then and I heard a rumor from the LCpl underground that they were al-queda fighters and taliban "advisors." It seems like the Army likes to take prisoners. That's why i joined the Marines instead.

Thankfully i'm out and never going back. Two tours sucked balls.