C++

Ddeere2

I was thinking about getting a certification for Microsoft Visual Basic. Is this a good idea, or i should i go for some other kind of certification. I'm already being taught at school to take the certification test for Microsoft Office 2003. Also, how about C# certification? Thanks in advance.

If the VB cert. is free (as in your employer or someone is paying etc.) then sure, it's another thing to put on the curriculum vitae. But certs. in other languages will go a lot further for gaining employment/promotion. But keep in mind certs. only go so far, having a diverse body of projects and experience will help you more in the long run.

Ok, thanks all. I'll try and get some experience and a cert. in Visual Basic, hopefully my school will pay for it. and a little off topic, is A+ a good language to learn, and, please don't flame, is there a cert. for it? It will help my major more than likely, the languages i mean.

Even though certain people on the intarwebs like to say how horrible and worthless VB is it is still widely used outside in the real world. It might not get you geek cred but it might let you make some money instead.

I was thinking about getting a certification for Microsoft Visual Basic. Is this a good idea, or i should i go for some other kind of certification. I'm already being taught at school to take the certification test for Microsoft Office 2003. Also, how about C# certification? Thanks in advance.

Certifications are good, but without a degree like a BS in CS as foundation they won't take you anywhere...

so focus more on a general degree and look the certif. for later....