Usage of crap computer?

Emilml

/desperately wants a laptop that will run linux.

(I have a 66mhz pentium laptop that weighs about 8 lbs

desperately wants your p66 laptop.

i had a celeron 1ghz, man celerons are crap. I installed a game called risk2, the laptop somehow manage to hit a wall at high velocity. it don't work no more.

i had a celeron 1ghz, man celerons are crap. I installed a game called risk2, the laptop somehow manage to hit a wall at high velocity. it don't work no more.

ho my. Approximately how many feet-per-second was the laptop traveling at just before impact?

:lol:

It's a 1GHz so it's likely either a;

Athlon, Duron, PIII or Celeron...

Its a Athlon i think, i have just been buisy latly starting up in school again and now i am sick, so im propably gonna hook the com up tonight and play whit it

did you just walk past it 1 day and see all these laptops in the trash or something and thought O.o ill have them.

I’ve gone dumpster diving since I was 14 for equipment and information and I still go with a few friends from 2600 meetings once a weeks. We usually head down to business/ industrial estates, telephone exchanges and behind computer shops and do a bit of war driving, phreaking, urban exploration and just have a laugh.We split up anything worth taking.

When I got the laptops they also had around 50 phones, 50 PC’s (P3’s), 30 SPARCstation’s and a load of random equipment, I just wanted 30 of the laptops.

Most of the time you don’t get that much equipment in one load, but we went out last night and got 6 PC’s, a KVM, 2 mobile phones and 3 3Com switches. I didn’t want any of it, but we had some fun.

Damn i gotta go Dumbster Diving some day, just 1 problem there arent realy any dumbsters here in Dk in that way

You can go on your own but its best to work in a group of three as you can have one person as a lookout and two guys loading the car/van up with stuff.

You can do alot with that machine as these posters have already proved. I have a machine like yours, it's a pos gateway. But I used it to learn the Fedora Core. :o

And I need to go dumpster diving one of these days, I've never been. Maybe I can find some interesting stuff.