remote access

uber_tom

Ok, i'm kinda new at this so bare with me.

I have set up SSH, SFTP and remote desktop access on my Linux box to enable me to connect from work, to help slake my boredom.

However i would like some advice on remote sound and port tunnelling, bearing in mind that my work computer is a windows box and i cant install much software.

So essentially remote sound would be nice but my main priority is getting the remote desktop (VNC port 5900) though port 22.

At work i'm using putty, filezilla and TightVNC, at home SuSE 10.1 with Krfb and open ssh.

It's called tunneling.

You tell, with the -L switch I believe, that everything you do to port 12345 on your local machine will get tunneled over your SSH connection and repeated on the remote host port 54321.

That should be more than sufficient to get sane results out of Google & friends.

Thanks Cooper, i'm getting (slightly) better results now.

Thank you Computer_kid, for reminding me why i avoid forums.

YAY Computer_kid you just got pwned

(this is the start of my new "flame anyone that won't help someone asking a question" project)

Thanks Cooper, i'm getting (slightly) better results now.

Thank you Computer_kid, for reminding me why i avoid forums.

YAY Computer_kid you just got pwned

(this is the start of my new "flame anyone that won't help someone asking a question" project)

try googling ur complaint........

Google help

hahahaha....all fun fun

Thanks Max but rdp is a windows protocol and is of little use to me.

Would i open myself up for abuse if a said i didn't know what an isa server is? i take it its not a server bult on an isa mboard, although that would give me an excuse to use my SB16 (i refuse to throw it away).

i think i'm getting the jist of port fowarding, do i have to set it up client, server side or both?