Wireless Networks

film

Since you have physical access to the device, it's there some reset button on it that will put everything back to a factory default?

well its hard .. i dont atculy have physical access, as she is on holiday and it is in her hosue. Also it would be illegal to try and get into a router that i dont have premssion to do ... if you get where this is going ?

Also it would be illegal to try and get into a router that i dont have premssion to do ... if you get where this is going ?

Then it would also be illegal for you to crack the encryption on the network as well.

Also if she's forgotten the password and is on holiday its hardly going to concern her at the moment. Wait until she comes home and then use the reset button.

Also it would be illegal to try and get into a router that i dont have premssion to do ... if you get where this is going ?

Then it would also be illegal for you to crack the encryption on the network as well.

Also if she's forgotten the password and is on holiday its hardly going to concern her at the moment. Wait until she comes home and then use the reset button.

ok i let me refraze my qustiong :x l0l ... welll i would like to know you to crack a password on a wireless network which is WPA-PSK Security Encryption on it. Also its just for educationaly purposes ONLY l0l

By the looks of things, there's the coWPAtty tool, which basically uses a dictionary attack against the device.

Dictionary attacks suck because if the owner of the device has half a brain he or she would not use real words for the shared secret.

Maybe Metatron can pitch in with links to alternative ways to defeat WPA, but so far I think this is the only method found.

Quick update: You need to have recorded some actual activity on the device in order to use coWPAtty (i.e. a legitimage user needs to have connected while you were sniffing). Since the girl's out of the country and you can't get in her home I'm assuming she lives pretty much alone, and isn't allowing other people in the building/block access to her internet via that box. This would mean that you're missing one vital prerequisite (the thing to test your dictionary words against) so with this method you're SOL.

By the looks of things, there's the coWPAtty tool, which basically uses a dictionary attack against the device.

Dictionary attacks suck because if the owner of the device has half a brain he or she would not use real words for the shared secret.

Maybe Metatron can pitch in with links to alternative ways to defeat WPA, but so far I think this is the only method found.

Quick update: You need to have recorded some actual activity on the device in order to use coWPAtty (i.e. a legitimage user needs to have connected while you were sniffing). Since the girl's out of the country and you can't get in her home I'm assuming she lives pretty much alone, and isn't allowing other people in the building/block access to her internet via that box. This would mean that you're missing one vital prerequisite (the thing to test your dictionary words against) so with this method you're SOL.

hmmm...ok thanks a lot for the advide :)