How To Get Wifi Anywhere In The Us While Traveling?

Hello all,

I am going to probuly rent an RV and travel through a bunch of states for vacation. Any ideas on how to get internet access the whole time even while on the road driving? I know there are free wifi spots to stop at, but would like to have internet access at all times or the majority of the time while on the road. Any ideas? I heard of 4G technology which uses I think a cell phone company for the internet access but think you have to sign a cellphone contract and do not think it is unlimited data, or have to buy an I-pad, Samsung galaxy or something like that. Any way to use a regular netbook or laptop to do the same thing? I've found free wifi while driving but then you lose the signal quickly because by the time I can connect, Im out of range again from that signal, guess I could park the RV for an hour or so to do what I have to do on the net but would like a continous connection while traveling so I can sit back while someone else is driving and go online. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

Get a Mifi. Basically its a wireless router with 3g/4g(depending on carrier) modem built in, but can be connected to like any wireless router, no tethering needed.