New Tattoo

Machstorm

No offense, they do look nice but what's the point of tattooing your body?

My first tattoo was based on a drawing I came up with for a kind of alien skull. Looks more like a human skull with alien eyes and fangs for teeth, no bottom jaw.

Art, freedom of expression, or deep personal experiences you have been through, things of symbolic meaning, such as tributes to lost loved ones or such, these are often the reasons people get tattoos. Tattoos have become too mainstream though. Now everyone gets them and they are no longer taboo.

A tattoo is something you will have for the rest of your life, so make damn sure its something you can live with and have no regrets over.

My brother got a gunstar tattoo because he's a fan of Anti-Flag and the bands meaning: Anti-Flag means anti-war. Anti-Flag means unity.

When he tried to join the air force they told him he had to cover up his tattoo or get rid of it to be recruited. He did what they asked, and now he wants to get the tattoo somewhere he can cover up. Silly air force thought it meant something completely different and apparently didn't do their research. Meh.

My brother got a gunstar tattoo because he's a fan of Anti-Flag and the bands meaning: Anti-Flag means anti-war. Anti-Flag means unity.

When he tried to join the air force they told him he had to cover up his tattoo or get rid of it to be recruited. He did what they asked, and now he wants to get the tattoo somewhere he can cover up. Silly air force thought it meant something completely different and apparently didn't do their research. Meh.

If hes anti war and for peace, and joining the Air Force, then it should be that much more important to stand by his tattoo. Hes entitled to freedom of expression and as someone in the military, should fight to protect that right as well. If your brother believes in those meanings and values, he should not cover it up with another tattoo to hide it or be ashamed of it. Thats like telling gays and lesbians to hide their sexuality.

Unfortunately, when you join the military you pretty much sign your rights away and that takes a lot of courage to do that. The Tattoo issue has to be sorted out by chain of command and until it is people with tattoos will always be treated like that. Remember when you sign up Uncle Sam owns you and you have to follow orders.

• 3 weeks later...

All of my tattoos mean something. "The Bird of Hermes is my name" on my left side. "Eating my wings to make me tame" on my other side. Its a script from the Ripley Scroll which a testament to self control and moderation. On my back i have the Kajukenbo crest pretty much showing my dedication to my art. On my left arm i have a chinese tiger symbolising the soft side of kung fu (a part of kajukenbo) and a dragon on my right arm symbolizing the hard side (Left being my "weak" arm and right being my "strong" arm since im right handed). Its all about symbolism. Some people dont see the reason, and others do.

All of my tattoos mean something. "The Bird of Hermes is my name" on my left side. "Eating my wings to make me tame" on my other side. Its a script from the Ripley Scroll which a testament to self control and moderation. On my back i have the Kajukenbo crest pretty much showing my dedication to my art. On my left arm i have a chinese tiger symbolising the soft side of kung fu (a part of kajukenbo) and a dragon on my right arm symbolizing the hard side (Left being my "weak" arm and right being my "strong" arm since im right handed). Its all about symbolism. Some people dont see the reason, and others do.

Awesome, but brutal fighting style. Check out Fight Quest - S01E10 on YouTUBE.

Some of them look at it as art which it is and they want to have art on their body. I'd rather have it mean something other than "It's a good piece of art", but that's just me.

BTW, I am going to get more done next week. Hopefully the dragon can be done and then the background on the next visit

Edited by Machstorm

Awesome, but brutal fighting style. Check out Fight Quest - S01E10 on YouTUBE.

Seen that Fight Quest before... And thats not half of it... I went to school at North Valley High in Grants Pass, OR. SMALL TOWN! Has to this day some of the greatest artists I've ever seen. James Platt - 8th Dan D.O.C.S. Karate and Martial Arts Hall of Famer. James Scott - 5th Dan Kajukenbo. Mike Friend - 5th Dan Kenpo Karate. Richard Andradae - 5th Dan Karate (Trained with Benny the Jet) and 7th Dan American Judo. James Platt is still one of the advisors for the school. He started a self defense class as a part of the PE system which is how i earned my belts in all these arts. Huge part of my life. Hence my reason to brand myself with my favorite art and part of the other arts as accents.