Airpwn1.4 Backtrack 5

SystemCrash86

hey guys, i have downloaded the new version of backtrack 5 and i found that at first airdrop wasn't working (refer to one of my earlier posts) and couldn't get it working so i reinstalled backtrack 5 on my laptop.

The specs are as follows - msi cr630 laptop with 64 bit windows 7 dual booted with backtrack 5 64 bit kde

airdrop is working since the reinstallment but i am having trouble with the airpwn part. i followed several tutorials oline especially those by Tim Ashley but everytime i try to start up airpwn1.4 i get the following message:

airpwn: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.4.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I really hope that some of you guys will be able to find a solution to this puzzling problem, it has been driving my crazy for three days.

All replies will be greatly appreciated.

i tried to find and install it but when i follow tim ashleys tutorial on timashley.me/node 718 the part that says:

sudo dpkg -i python2.4-minimal.deb python2.4.deb python2.4-dev.deb

it get the following results everytime:

root@bt:~# sudo dpkg -i python2.4-minimal.deb python2.4.deb python2.4-dev.deb

dpkg: error processing python2.4-minimal.deb (--install):

cannot access archive: No such file or directory

dpkg: error processing python2.4.deb (--install):

dpkg: error processing python2.4-dev.deb (--install):

Errors were encountered while processing:

python2.4-minimal.deb

python2.4.deb

python2.4-dev.deb

root@bt:~#

This tutorial worked for me perfectly the first time it tried it on Backtrack 5 kde 32-bit, but now circumstances have changed and i am forced to use Backtrack 5 kde 64-bit version and cannot get airpwn installed as this little problem is stopping me.

Yes i have looked on the internet and googled everything i can thing of so if anyone has any ideas about what i'm doing wrong please tell me

ok i got it working somehow but when i run airpwn i am greeted with:

root@bt:/pentest/wireless/airpwn-1.4# sudo airpwn -c conf/greet_html -d mac80211 -i mon0 -F -v

Parsing configuration file..

Opening command socket..

Opening monitor socket..

Opening injection socket..

LORCON - tx80211_setmode(...) is deprecated, please use tx80211_setfunctionalmode(...) instead

Error setting monitor mode for interface .

Listening for packets...

My interface is in monitor mode, but cant find the error. Does anyone have any fixes or advise?

Thats true but i tried it both ways - first starting up the program and it saying "Error setting monitor mode for interface ." so i did it manually and still getting the same result.

My card successfully goes into monitor mode but i get that error everytime i run airpwn. Whats going on and would this result in airpwn running incorrectly because even though i get that error it still says "Looking for Packets".

Briefly read through this topic... anytime my card goes into monitor mode, be it for kismet, aireplay-ng, airodump-ng, whatever, it needs to be manually locked to the target channel using iwconfig config. If I want to scan channels I won't specify a channel. Then with just about all the wifi tools I use I have to specify a channel in the command.

Also looks like maybe you're not using the right driver. Some cards also will also only work with certain drivers if compat-wireless is installed, some drivers don't work well with certain distros, could be a lot of things.

Briefly read through this topic... anytime my card goes into monitor mode, be it for kismet, aireplay-ng, airodump-ng, whatever, it needs to be manually locked to the target channel using iwconfig config. If I want to scan channels I won't specify a channel. Then with just about all the wifi tools I use I have to specify a channel in the command.

Also looks like maybe you're not using the right driver. Some cards also will also only work with certain drivers if compat-wireless is installed, some drivers don't work well with certain distros, could be a lot of things.

i know how to lock down a target channel for say airodump and kismet but whats the command for locking a channel in airpwn? is it the same

• 1 month later...

hey guys, i have downloaded the new version of backtrack 5 and i found that at first airdrop wasn't working (refer to one of my earlier posts) and couldn't get it working so i reinstalled backtrack 5 on my laptop.

The specs are as follows - msi cr630 laptop with 64 bit windows 7 dual booted with backtrack 5 64 bit kde

airdrop is working since the reinstallment but i am having trouble with the airpwn part. i followed several tutorials oline especially those by Tim Ashley but everytime i try to start up airpwn1.4 i get the following message:

airpwn: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.4.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I really hope that some of you guys will be able to find a solution to this puzzling problem, it has been driving my crazy for three days.

All replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you for the post.

I've not used airpwn, but try the following. After boot and everything is up, recycle the wireless. Bring it down and back up. Then use airmon-zc start card#. This will split your wifi card into two interfaces, both a default managed mode and a mon0 monitor mode. Then try the airpwn steps with mon0. If you want to capture pcaps, using something like airodump-ng, use the -c # where # is the channel you want to capture on, -w dump where dump is the name of the pcap files(no extension needed, it creates several files for you in /root.

example:

airodump-ng -c 6 -w dump mon0

The other thoughts, run everything as root, no sudo limited user login, boot as root, and also, some tools are 32-bit compatible only. Not everything seems to work in the 64-bit environment without compiling programs from source in some cases. Certain wireless tools for example, only work in the 32-bit backtrack versions.

You mean airmon-ng start *interface* ?

Never seen the -zc before.

So it's a currently under development to replace airmon-ng. Not sure why the rebuild and name change.

zc is some sort of dev thing supposed to replace the airmon-ng, but I've been using it with no issues. Its in bt5 already. I have had issues with airmon-ng in the past though, just card not showing anything when in monitor mode, not honoring channel selection in airodump and getting the channel -1 error some peopel get. Maybe not related to airmon-ng specifically, and could be coincidental, but the zc seems to work with no issue for me.

I would hope that they change the name back to ng after it is ready for the masses.

It was a little harder than I thought to google it as well.

I personally have had no issues with airmon-ng. It will mostly depend on hardware drivers and manufacturers for the cards if people have issues. I guess I've gotten lucky and have had no issues ever :).

A tutorial on how to use Airpwn

And how to install Airpwn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd7dCLno64E

Edited by Infiltrator

• 4 weeks later...

airmon-zc works for alot of the intel chipsets, theres a patch somewhere out that to work around this, as most (if not all) scripts implement airmon-ng and rewriting them tends to screw everything up. I tried this with gerix wifi cracker and my SSID list filled with a bunch of errors instead of AP's. Find a patch, or get a alfa, dont deal with airmon-zc.

• 1 month later...