[Version 2] Next-gen Ducky?

Netshroud

this video will show the difference. im assuming they'll be selling the teensy ++ pre loaded with some code, a soldered on micro sd slot, and a 16gb micro sd card, and possibly a duck! if you wanted to spend the time to solder and program it then you would only be paying about 50-60 bucks and then maybe a few hours of codeing and soldering, maybe only an hour depending on how well you are at it. plus its their business so they have to make some money, even if its a little. im going to buy one. save myself the head ache of messing up the hardware. i doubt its going to be just a teensy with a duck lol.

Realy nice project! The small footprint is a huge improvement!

But before I get mine I have one question...

I got my Teensy working as HID AND thumbdrive. Does the ducky show up as a removable drive too?

I think $80 is a bit overpriced but I'm willing to buy one if it functions as USB drive too.

Oh and an even more important question: what kind of ducks are shipped with the device? Just the yellow ones or also the awsome other colors like the blue one in CanadianTaco's pic?

Realy like the small board!

It is capable of acting as both mass storage and com port, which are planned features for the next version of the firmware.

The Rubber Duckies that ship with the boards come in random assortments of colors. All of the pre-release orders came with rubber duckies wearing cool sunglasses and there is a 10% chance of receiving a sunglasses wearing ducky in future orders.

Received mine in the mail yesterday as well..

Excited to get going...

As I have not used the last rubber ducky. I am seeing I will have a few basic questions.

Like what Format does the microsd have to be? or is this determined on the OS you using it on. No idea on how the hardware works..

Received mine in the mail yesterday as well..

Excited to get going...

As I have not used the last rubber ducky. I am seeing I will have a few basic questions.

Like what Format does the microsd have to be? or is this determined on the OS you using it on. No idea on how the hardware works..

Answered my own question..

It seems the SD to microSD adapter I received with the ducky is not working. Tired it on Win7,Mac,Ubuntu does not show up as a device at all.

after trying another one I had laying around works fine.

Oo yha and it comes formatted as FAT (figures)

It seems there was a problem with the first batch of SD card adapters. We're working on obtaining a new set and will be contacting pre-orderers shortly. As for the format, FAT. If you haven't checked out the wiki you really should, it's at http://usbrubberducky.com/wiki/ and should be integrated into the new Hak5 wiki sometime after Derbycon. There's also a 30 minute getting started segment that was shot the other day as part of the Derbycon DVD that will be posted online soon.

It seems there was a problem with the first batch of SD card adapters. We're working on obtaining a new set and will be contacting pre-orderers shortly. As for the format, FAT. If you haven't checked out the wiki you really should, it's at http://usbrubberducky.com/wiki/ and should be integrated into the new Hak5 wiki sometime after Derbycon. There's also a 30 minute getting started segment that was shot the other day as part of the Derbycon DVD that will be posted online soon.

Hey Darren, Will you be able to do all the same things on the Teensy 2.0 that you can do with the new "rubber ducky"?

Hey Darren, Will you be able to do all the same things on the Teensy 2.0 that you can do with the new "rubber ducky"?

Not all of the things, but some if you're a talented programmer. This is why we've developed the ducky the way we did.

The Teensy is able to act as a USB HID keyboard and perform the keystrokes as with the payloads demonstrated on the show, however this requires programming with C in Teensyduino, compiling with GCC and flashing with the teensyloader.

The USB Rubber Ducky is scripted with our simple language in any text editor, compiled with the cross-platform duckencoder and loaded onto the SD card -- just drag and drop the inject.bin

So yes, in theory the Teensy 2.0 is capable of performing one aspect of the attack but not without a higher investment of time and skill.

Also bear in mind that the teensy and rubber ducky hardware are significantly different -- 8bit/16mhz w/ 1 uart vs 32bit/60mhz w/ 3 uart -- which will become apparent shortly.

Not all of the things, but some if you're a talented programmer. This is why we've developed the ducky the way we did.

The Teensy is able to act as a USB HID keyboard and perform the keystrokes as with the payloads demonstrated on the show, however this requires programming with C in Teensyduino, compiling with GCC and flashing with the teensyloader.

The USB Rubber Ducky is scripted with our simple language in any text editor, compiled with the cross-platform duckencoder and loaded onto the SD card -- just drag and drop the inject.bin

So yes, in theory the Teensy 2.0 is capable of performing one aspect of the attack but not without a higher investment of time and skill.

Also bear in mind that the teensy and rubber ducky hardware are significantly different -- 8bit/16mhz w/ 1 uart vs 32bit/60mhz w/ 3 uart -- which will become apparent shortly.

I see, Thanks for the reply! :)

Just wish I had the $80 for the Rubber Ducky. Hook it up with a free sample Darren! :P

The USB Rubber Ducky, does it come with a micro SD card? If yes, what is the size?

Can we remove the yellow duck without damaging the device and use it without it?

How much work is it to buy the devices separately and build it by ourselves?(is it hard? and how much we can save?)

If I will order it now, will I get first batch of SD card adapters which Darren mentioned as they had problems.

Thanks.

Edited by Rodio

The USB Rubber Ducky, does it come with a micro SD card? If yes, what is the size?

Can we remove the yellow duck without damaging the device and use it without it?

How much work is it to buy the devices separately and build it by ourselves?(is it hard? and how much we can save?)

If I will order it now, will I get first batch of SD card adapters which Darren mentioned as they had problems.

Thanks.

I' at Derbycon on my phone so I'll be brief. 256MB, plenty for inject.bin. Doesn't come installed in the rubber ducky - duck is included as optional casing / novelty trinket. Hardware is our own custom, not repurposed from another product. No sd card adapter. Will try to source usb micro sd adapters when I return next week.