Backtrack 5 Problems

Ice blue dragon

For prey, you download and specify the path to the package. For Flash, I just installed Opera and flash was working. Might already be working in FF but I never bothered to check if its disabled under plugins of the browser or such, but if its not working in FF, check the preferences and addons to make sure its not blocked.

BT5 is not ment for an everyday usage OS... I could rant on for a while about this but I won't.

BackTrack is Ubuntu/Debian Based.

With that in mind, google "Install Prey on Ubuntu" and get this:

http://preyproject.com/blog/2011/04/its-official-prey-is-now-on-ubuntu

I have completely forgot about youtube.com/html5.Problem fixed.

I typed the commands in your link and got this:

root@bt:~# apt-get install prey

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

prey is already the newest version.

You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

prey: Depends: scrot but it is not going to be installed

Depends: streamer but it is not going to be installed

E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

root@bt:~#

Also i have already frequently been warned about backtrack not being a everyday use distro but with time i plan to turn my installation into one but with a lot of time.

I also have triple booted Windows 7 and Mandriva 2011

In a situation like this I would suggest

TryHarderFlamesWebPageBannerSmaller.png

Seriously. Get your self a copy of Hirens BootCD and obessively make .img backups of your progress using Gparted & CloneZilla.

To fix your problems I suggest being a pro at compiling kernels from source. They leave out a lot of dependencies for video cards so if you find that yours is not supported you are going to have to add that kernel module or functionality yourself. This is necessary to make Flash not behave like it is being run on a PoS celeron processor.

To add things to the BT5 hackmenu get familiar with symbolic links.

Edited by Hamad

Well i think i have got it handled for now...Howewer i succesfully cracked my own wep(first time cracking a wep) but i got it in hex.I do know how to translate it into ascii with a table(i just need a tiny bit of remembering,more like just to look at the table),but there is the possibility of eastern european alphanumerics and that could be complicated.Any advice on that like a tool for doing it or do it at all?

Alright,sorry i just checked it and it works...

I already installed prey on windows 7 and backtrack.Now I am going to try it with Mandriva and if I don't say that i had some kind of error consider that i did it succesfully.

Why not just use VM's and install Prey on just your host machine?

All you would need is a USB device for wifi injection that you pass through to the VM for wireless attacks.