Wpa2 Username And Password

abferm

I'm having trouble logging into a wireless network with backtrack. When logging in with Windows I am prompted for a user name and password. However, when I try to connect with backtrack it asks for a pass phrase instead. Is there a standard syntax for converting username and password into a pass phrase, or do I need to use a different wifi manager or something?

I'm having trouble logging into a wireless network with backtrack. When logging in with Windows I am prompted for a user name and password. However, when I try to connect with backtrack it asks for a pass phrase instead. Is there a standard syntax for converting username and password into a pass phrase, or do I need to use a different wifi manager or something?

You use the same info you provide in windows. Now, before you do that, are you using wicd? Also, is your router set to 802.11 N only? If set to N only, try setting to bgn mixed mode or just g. i noticed with my router, when it was set to N only, backtrack couldn't connect to it. If I set it to G, then it worked fine. Could see the router fine under N, but it would never accept my WPA2 key when the router was running N only, but worked fine once I switched the router to G.

I believe it might have been a driver issue for my card, or even a limitation in backtrack itself, but for whatever reason, my KDE 64 bit version would not connect to any N networks. Worked fine when I was booted into Windows 7(dual booting), but not under bt5.

sorry about that, I had to choose a different type of authentication.

Yeah, you must have selected, the WPA2 Enterprise that requires a radius authentication server. That's why it prompted you for a username and password.

Edited by Infiltrator