N00b Help! Wifi Pinapple V2 Setup

crashie

Ok guys, I might not be the most clever here.. that's why I ask you for help.

I've bought the Wifi Pineapple v2 at Defcon today and have brought it back home now. I have a Macbook air running OSX Lion.

If I connect the Pineapple to my mac's LAN port I can access it and start stuff like KARMA.

Now, how do I get my Macbook air's internet connection forwarded to the Pineapple? So others that are nearby connects to my pineapple and access internet through it? I've read many of the internet connection sharing threads but they don't make me any smarter. Do I need another Wi-Fi dongle to be able to get the clients who connect to the Pineapple an Internet connection? Or can they just use the one my Macbook Air uses? Like sharing it to the pineapple?

I haven't ssh'd into the pineapple, it configured as when I bought it.

I also have windows 7 running in vmware on this Macbook Air if that is easier to work with.

Thanks in advance from a n00b who needs some first time help to get running.

Cheers!

Ok guys, I might not be the most clever here.. that's why I ask you for help.

I've bought the Wifi Pineapple v2 at Defcon today and have brought it back home now. I have a Macbook air running OSX Lion.

If I connect the Pineapple to my mac's LAN port I can access it and start stuff like KARMA.

Now, how do I get my Macbook air's internet connection forwarded to the Pineapple? So others that are nearby connects to my pineapple and access internet through it? I've read many of the internet connection sharing threads but they don't make me any smarter. Do I need another Wi-Fi dongle to be able to get the clients who connect to the Pineapple an Internet connection? Or can they just use the one my Macbook Air uses? Like sharing it to the pineapple?

I haven't ssh'd into the pineapple, it configured as when I bought it.

I also have windows 7 running in vmware on this Macbook Air if that is easier to work with.

Thanks in advance from a n00b who needs some first time help to get running.

Cheers!

I've been trying everything on my Mac and read through the forums but can't get it right. Ne1 here who can help me out? When I get it running I promise to write a step by step instruction so that you never have to do this again ;)

I'm pretty stuck where I am now, been trying for hours but can't get it straight.. even bought a crossover cable but that doesn't help. I can connect to the unit itself with no problems. And I see it starting up some networks that I've used before on my iPhone that I try to use as a client to hijack it. But the iPhone never connects to the Internet and I have activated the ICS in osx lion from the wifi to the USB Ethernet adapter. When I start up the unit and have it plugged in to my mac the Internet connection drops on the mac (I am connected to a wireless router through the wifi-card on the mac). After a while the wireless adapter on the mac changes IP to the Pineapples IP.

My connection is setup this way:

Macbook Air ---> connected to WiFi Router and ICS is enabled from WiFi to USB Ethernet adapter.

Pineapple ----> connected to my Macbook Airs USB Ethernet port.

Macbook Air USB Ethernet Adapter = IP:192.168.2.1

Pineapple = IP:192.168.2.2, Gateway set to 192.168.2.1, DNS set to 192.168.2.1

Anyone that can help me with what I am doing wrong?

Cheers!

I've been trying everything on my Mac and read through the forums but can't get it right. Ne1 here who can help me out? When I get it running I promise to write a step by step instruction so that you never have to do this again ;)

I'm pretty stuck where I am now, been trying for hours but can't get it straight.. even bought a crossover cable but that doesn't help. I can connect to the unit itself with no problems. And I see it starting up some networks that I've used before on my iPhone that I try to use as a client to hijack it. But the iPhone never connects to the Internet and I have activated the ICS in osx lion from the wifi to the USB Ethernet adapter. When I start up the unit and have it plugged in to my mac the Internet connection drops on the mac (I am connected to a wireless router through the wifi-card on the mac). After a while the wireless adapter on the mac changes IP to the Pineapples IP.

My connection is setup this way:

Macbook Air ---> connected to WiFi Router and ICS is enabled from WiFi to USB Ethernet adapter.

Pineapple ----> connected to my Macbook Airs USB Ethernet port.

Macbook Air USB Ethernet Adapter = IP:192.168.2.1

Pineapple = IP:192.168.2.2, Gateway set to 192.168.2.1, DNS set to 192.168.2.1

Anyone that can help me with what I am doing wrong?

Cheers!

Well, as some of you already have said. If you work enough on it and read enough you WILL get it to work. Mine is working great now so all i solved! :P For any n00b out there who needs help with setting up their pineapple just let me know and I'll help out.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Well, as some of you already have said. If you work enough on it and read enough you WILL get it to work. Mine is working great now so all i solved! :P For any n00b out there who needs help with setting up their pineapple just let me know and I'll help out.

Cheers!

How about that step-by-step guide, would be very helpful for everyone else with a mac.

I'm not that familiar with Macs, but why are you using usb internet connections?

Make sure your eth0 and wlan0 (or the mac equivalent) aren't using the same IP ranges, set one to 192.x.x.x and the other to 10.x.x.x or something.

Connect your pineapple to your eth0, verify connectivity.

Connect your wlan0 to your home router to get internet, verify connectivity.

Edit /etc/config/dhcp on the pineapple, this is important and won't work unless you do it. You can find the entries to add in several locations in the forums. You also need to add some entries to /www/karma. Refer to the stickies in this forum, all the info you need is there.

Enable IP forwarding and masquerade, all things being equal this should grant internet to the pineapple. SSH into the pineapple and try to ping 8.8.8.8, if successful ping google.com, if unsuccessful you know it's a DNS problem, etc.

Once you have internet on the pineapple, the possibilities are endless from here. You can setup a fake DNS server and setup a cloned gmail.com in credential harvesting mode, or you can have a site with an evil Java app that goes to browser autopwn, or you can use IPTables to forward some traffic around then fire up SSL (personally I think SSLStrip attacks are a little obvious), the point is to be creative : ) Hope you get it working.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers!

I have no internet access everytime i plug in my wifi pineapple. I have an internet connection when its NOT plugged in but when i plug the pineapple into my computer via ethernet cable i lose internet connection and all am left with is a local connection.

Need some help please

• 6 months later...

How about that step-by-step guide, would be very helpful for everyone else with a mac.

Yeah, no doubt. I'm having a tough time setting it up now. Playing with the network and dhcp config files in etc/config and can't seem to get anything going.

Sawat dee!

Yeah, no doubt. I'm having a tough time setting it up now. Playing with the network and dhcp config files in etc/config and can't seem to get anything going.

Sawat dee!

The sticky for ics for Mac has freaking pictures of the config pages that work.

Edited by barry99705

The sticky for ics for Mac has freaking pictures of the config pages that work.

Someone should put it on the wiki page, maybe that prevents these questions. :)

Or a guides sub-forum or sticky ICS guides rollup thread, just thoughts ;)

If they don't read the stickies, why would they read the wiki?

The wiki should be the first place to look IMO and it's stated here as well.

Linux and Windows are in the wiki so why shouldn't OSX be in there as well? But i'm getting a bit off topic now :P just spit balling here ;)