Help! Please! Something wrong with my Computer maybe a Virus

Mr Andrewson

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it insured? Pour coffee into the back of it and make the insurance company buy you a new one? <please in the name of all thats holy don't take this seriously>

Windows is basically a gigantic crap magnet unless you take certain precautions from the start. And once it gets broken, and slow, and you get errors, its incredibly hard to fix without actually being on site. If it does get like this, its usually best to nuke it, and start again, which will fix in an afternoon. Otherwise you can spend week/months going threw everything with a fine tooth comb looking for hidden nastys. If you can't fix it, you'll need to find a computer store or some kinda computer guy locally who can.

I'm sorry, but if this does have a virus or a rootkit on it, the only way to be 100% sure is to format and reinstall.

C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedVS7DEBUGMDM.EXE

C:Program FilesLabtecMouse2.1moffice.exe

C:Program FilesLabtecMedia KeyboardV5.0KbdAp32A.exe

C:Program FilesTalkTalkbinsprtcmd.exe

C:WINDOWSvsnpstd3.exe

Thoughs are the only processes that stand out as potentily dodgy. Other wise I would have to examine all the other processes in more detail.

I still say nuke it and start again, with a more diligent attitude to sercurity from the start you can avoid the majority of these issues. I know you may have issues with doing that, but in all seriosness, it honestly is the only way to be sure/

Dude, you pretty much know for a fact that somehow someone or something messed up your computer. That means you cannot trust it to do anything reliably or securely.

So you must start over, from scratch, and not make whatever stupid mistake it was you made that got you into this shit in the first place.

Vako if i could i would but i can't...

I know, my mum is the same with my little brother. In the end I took him threw it in secret when she was out. She didn't notice a thing, other than it was faster for some reason. I'm guessing your mum see's it as a fragile thing than can be broken easily, she's right in once sense, but wrong in many others. Reinstalling windows is as easy as putting in a CD and going threw the menus.

What i suggest you do is do some research on the subject, then calmly and inteligently explain to her that this is the best course of action. That its not going to break it beyond repair, and that its all fixable. Just explain to her that from time to time, you need to do this with windows. Like cooper has said, once its compramized, you can't trust it for anything, not your personal data and certainly not anything remotely to do with banking or credit cards. Unless you want the lads from lagos to own your bank account.

And suggest a hardware DLS router, not a modem, there about £30 and add and entire extra layer of sercurity to your setup, which makes it a lot harder for nastys to do there stuff.

Windows actualy makes it very difficult to disable esential services (good thing). The only bad thing I can see happening as a result of killing all user processes is that antivirus front end software will stop working. I have found the frontend softare is offten not esential for the actual antivirus protection to work. This includes antivir. Some firewall/antivirus software will restart the front end software as soon as it detects it has been killed. Software that I know dose that include Zone Alarm and kerio.