Strobe water drip lamp

Erroneous

Has anyone seen or built either http://cre.ations.net/creation/44 or http://www.eccentricgenius.com/wp/2006/08/...-time-visually/? I sm kind of wanting to build the second one (cheaper), but am just curious as to whether or not anyone has built it. It is basically just a set of LEDs flashing quickly at a liquid dripping at a constant rate, making it appear to be moving slowly, stopped, or even backwards. I'd like to build it, but need to get the pump, the LM555 chip, and the 10KOhm potentiometer.

I was more concerned about them feaking out becasue of the flashing light :P

While we humans have eyes with relativly low framerate perception, other animals probably have diffrent framerates, I may be wrong, I havn't even atempted to read wikipedia about this.

I was more concerned about them feaking out becasue of the flashing light :P

While we humans have eyes with relativly low framerate perception, other animals probably have diffrent framerates, I may be wrong, I havn't even atempted to read wikipedia about this.

I don't trust Wiki anymore, because of Colbert ... :lol:

Anyways, it's really cool... Too bad we don't have a how-to on making it *wink* *wink*

I don't trust Wiki anymore, because of Colbert ... :lol:

For thoughs who arn't american:

Stephen Colbet (pronounced Colbare for some reason) did a segment where he pretended to vandalise wikipedia, then after the show did vandalise wikipedia and got his IP banned form wikipedia a couple of days.