If your not Irish dont bother looking waste of time!!!

QZak

Why do americans appear to care about where there DNA came from more then other people?

Probably because America is more of a mixed race country than others that are in the face of common media? America seems to be a country where most people can trace their recent ancestry to countries of non-American origin (the country has only existed in its current state since the 18th century and the Americans before them were the Cherokee indians who themselves migrated there). Coupled with its ethnic diversity policy, some Americans might think of themselves in terms of this?

Back on topic though, I'm Welsh so I'm very close, just across the water :). But not Irish :).

Probably because America is more of a mixed race country than others that are in the face of common media?

Britan has huge cultural diversity as well, in some areas the Asian and Indian peoples out number the British (egnoring the fact that Asian and Indian children born in England are technicly british).

Because america has no heratige of its own after about 300 years or so, where as the old world has a large amount of things, places, history etc that are thousands of years old. China has had a relitively stable country for at least 5000 years. Dunno if this is why, but it would seem to be a good bet.

As for me, i'm a mixture of german, latvian, russian, english, scotish, ukranian, jewish and going back far enough, a trace of arabic. I also have relatives on most of the worlds continents. Those "please state your ethinc origion" boxes are far to small.

I'm very dutch dispite the very a-typical last name. Back in the 1600's a great^n granddad came this way by boat from somewhere around Estonia / Lithuania. When he immigrated here the clerk must've been impressed because he added a letter that isn't present in the name the guy used to sign with. So, everybody with my last name is pretty much a descendant from that old fart.

And why americans tend to be more aware of their ethnicity... I don't know. I couldn't care less if your great grandad was herding sheep in Marocco, carving ice on the north pole or catching fish from the shores of the Amazon. Like that's supposed to say anything about the person you turned out to be...

And why americans tend to be more aware of their ethnicity... I don't know. I couldn't care less if your great grandad was herding sheep in Marocco, carving ice on the north pole or catching fish from the shores of the Amazon. Like that's supposed to say anything about the person you turned out to be...

:lol: indeed.

Probably because America is more of a mixed race country than others that are in the face of common media?

Britan has huge cultural diversity as well, in some areas the Asian and Indian peoples out number the British (egnoring the fact that Asian and Indian children born in England are technicly british).

Britain in its current form has been around for much longer than the current form of America. Only since the 60-70s has Britain had an influx of ethnic minorities. This isn't enough time for us to be compared to America in my opinion.

"technicly british"...lol does that mean your technically Australian? Some of my friends who's parents do not hail from England, support england, would like to play for england, consider themselves english and would fight anyone who said any different :)

Ok I'm gonna jump in here as it seems as good a place as any for my first post. I'm Irish....from Dublin to be exact.

Welcome! I shall be going on a little pilgrimage to the ol' guiness factory in a few months... i hope they give away samples :)

Ok I'm gonna jump in here as it seems as good a place as any for my first post. I'm Irish....from Dublin to be exact.

Welcome! I shall be going on a little pilgrimage to the ol' guiness factory in a few months... i hope they give away samples :)

Ithink youll get a free pint mate but i dunno how good thatd be when your a few hundred feet up in the bar lol