Html A Href Tag Issue

Hi Everyone i was wondering if i could get some help on this I'm trying to create a web page for my work and we use VNC to control some of our Screens in the NOC. So i am trying to create a table layout with all the screens in the right spots which i have done with no issue. however when i use the fallowing code you can only open the links to the access the VNC's in IE if you Click on them in Firefox or Chrome they just print out the the text of the file. is their any way to fix this issue so i can have it work with all of the browsers?

The HTML code is as fallows

<div id="textcontent">

<div class="text">

<h4>NOC Veiw Screens</h4>

<p class="textbackground">

<table border="0" align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0">

<td>

<table border="1" align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="white" style="height: 148px">

<tr>

<td width="50" align="center"><a href="VNC/Noc Viewscreen 1.vnc">******* </a></td>

<td width="50" align="center"><a href="VNC/Noc Viewscreen 3&4.vnc"> ******* </a></td>

<td width="50" align="center"> TV1 </td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="50" align="center"><a href="VNC/Noc Viewscreen 2.vnc">NOC Screen 2 </a></td>

<td width="50" align="center"><a href="VNC/Noc Viewscreen 5&6.vnc"> NOC Screen 5 </a></td>

<td width="50" align="center"><a href="VNC/Noc Viewscreen 7&8.vnc"> NOC Screen 7 </a></td></tr>

<tr>

<td width="50" align="center" style="height: 63px"><a href="VNC\Noc Viewscreen 3&4.vnc">NOC Screen 3 </a></td>

<td width="50" align="center" style="height: 63px"><a href="VNC\Noc Viewscreen 5&6.vnc">NOC Screen 6 </a></td>

<td width="50" align="center" style="height: 63px"><a href="VNC\Noc Viewscreen 7&8.vnc">NOC Screen 8 </a></td></tr>

</table>

</td>

<td>

<table border="1" align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" class="auto-style1" style="height: 159px" bgcolor="white"><tr>

<td height="120" width="200" align="center"><a href="VNC\Noc Central Viewscreen.vnc"> Big Screen </a></td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td>

<table border="1" align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="white" ><tr>

<td height="40" width="50" align="center"> TV2 </td>

<td height="40" width="50" align="center"><a href="VNC\Noc Viewscreen 11&12.vnc">NOC Screen 11 </a></td>

<td height="40" align="center" style="width: 50px"><a href="VNC\Noc Viewscreen 13&14.vnc">NOC Screen 14 </a></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td height="40" width="50" align="center"><a href="VNC\Noc Viewscreen 9&10.vnc">NOC Screen 9 </a></td>

<td height="40" width="50" align="center"><a href="VNC\Noc Viewscreen 11&12.vnc">NOC Screen 12 </a></td>

<td height="40" align="center" style="width: 50px"><a href="VNC\Noc Viewscreen 15&16.vnc">NOC Screen 15 </a></td></tr>

<tr>

<td height="40" width="50" align="center"><a href="VNC\Noc Viewscreen 9&10.vnc">NOC Screen 10</a></td>

<td height="40" width="50" align="center"><a href="VNC\Noc Viewscreen 13&14.vnc">NOC Screen 13</a></td>

<td height="40" align="center" style="width: 50px"><a href="VNC\Noc Viewscreen 15&16.vnc">NOC Screen 16</a></td></tr>

</table>

</td>

</table>

Also if you could point out any code errors or a better way of doing this that would be nice to.. Thanks for the help!

Use the full path, ie: http://localhost:5802/ or whatever IP:port port your VNC terminals are on. Also, I think the browser based VNC tool requires Java, so if its disabled in FF and Chrome, they won't see it.

edit:

Wait, just saw VNC/Noc Viewscreen 1.vnc, so you are pointing to the VNC conf files themselves on the local machine? woulf have to do something like "file://c:\\VNC\Noc Viewscreen 1.vnc"

Edited by digip

Well, VNC can have remote viewing in the browser as well, just have to set it up ont he server and and point the browser to the IP and PORT its on. Requires java though, depending on what version of VNC you use, might not be an option. Alternatively, you could just put shortcuts to the files on your desktop and run them from there.

Digip you where right earlier i hat to change the tag to say <a href="http:/ipaddress:5800" target="_blank"> link name </a>.

I had to dig around the server setting to find the right port for http.

Well, VNC can have remote viewing in the browser as well, just have to set it up ont he server and and point the browser to the IP and PORT its on. Requires java though, depending on what version of VNC you use, might not be an option. Alternatively, you could just put shortcuts to the files on your desktop and run them from there.