Asus Costumer Service

Norwat

Hi there

So i bought this Asus eee pc 1215b laptop a month ago and as like any other computer geek after i tried the laptop for some 20min i wiped the entire disk and installed linux :) unaware that i would lose my return privilege with the store...i started punching myself for wiping the disk after realizing that i had a defective monitor, broken touchpad and 8h batteries that lasted 2.30h .. jackpot!

Ok so now im calling asus costumer service to activate the warranty, everything goes fine they pick up the laptop 4 days later i have my laptop back..awesome :) so i started testing it out before i wipe the disk again, cant help it. So oddly enough asus fixed monitor and replaced the batteries, but the touchpad remains the same plus they added another problem, it seams that the laptop was poorly assembled after repair and one of the inner plastic covers wont clap in, looks like they actually broke the plastic claps.

I called the costumer service again totally pissed off and now two days have passed and i still haven't got a RMA or any confirmation that they opened an case about it, just a couple of mails asking me to fill up surveys.

What should i do now ? Keep this back and forward with the repair service, ask for a new laptop ask for some satisfaction ?

Just get a replacement, that should resolve all the problems you have. If it was a minor thing, I would send it in for service but that's not the case.

Edited by Infiltrator

If its just the Touchpad then you can do a little check on the connections to see if that's the problem.

Just use a flat tip screw driver and pop out the keyboard.

The Touchpad's connection to the laptops mobo should be right at the bottom.

My Touchpad on my Asus 1201n gets disconnected every once in a while because I move it around a lot.

But I use an external mouse most of the time so It doesn't really bother me.

Hope it helps :D

-Remotesh

I got one from newegg as a refurbished laptop. Got it and had a chip out of the middle of the screen, 2 of the 4 rubber foots missing which made it rock when typing and all around beat up. ASUS said I would have to send it in for repair and pay for it.. I told them not so politely "Fuck you I just bought it and I WILL NOT pay for repairs."

Called newegg and they swapped it out for me because i called them the day i got it. They said any problems with it initially call them and they will take care of it and fight with the company.

Not to mention ASUS hung up on me about 4 times, and they couldn't hear me because of the damn background noise on their end but claimed it was my phone... riiiight...

I got one from newegg as a refurbished laptop. Got it and had a chip out of the middle of the screen, 2 of the 4 rubber foots missing which made it rock when typing and all around beat up. ASUS said I would have to send it in for repair and pay for it.. I told them not so politely "Fuck you I just bought it and I WILL NOT pay for repairs."

They asked me the same, i said the same...it looks like a polite fu u goes a long way in asus :) I talked again with them today all angry and pissed off, they promissed to fix it this time, otherwise i'll be getting a brand new laptop... i hope

Newegg took care of me... Since i had it in my hands for roughly 1 hour and was not satisfied of the condition, had them cross-ship.

The replacement was in 99% perfect condition, only thing missing was a rubber screw cover on the edge of the screen and a small screw that held the bottom together. Took a screw out of old laptop to replace it.

• 1 month later...

The torment continues ...

1st fix

- Bad battery

- Broken touchpad

- Bad monitor

Took 4 days to fix, came back still with a broken touchpad and a broken plastic cover.

2nd fix

- Broken touchpad

- Inner plastic case broken

Took 25 days total! Came back with drained out batteries, loud hard drive, and i noticed that the plastic border of the monitor was all scratched from the repair you can tell because it was specially scratched near the screws.

3rd fix

- Batteries gone bad again

- LCD gone bad again

- Scratched lcd border

- Loud hard drive

Told me everything was okay lol

So im getting increasingly pissed after each fix, they aren't fixing the issues and taking a really long time doing so, i wrote complains, i yelled at their costumer service (which i never do since i used to work at a call center too). So im running out of options ... i bought this laptop in the 28 of June since then i had little more that 12 days of use with it, most of the time it stays at ASUS...

What would you recommend i should do ? Next monday im going to call them try to threaten with a lawyer or asking to speak to someone high up ... dunno

Any tip is appreciated

Thanks

Or just ask them for a refund. or compensation to a better (higher) one up model due to all the complications with this one. Typically after X amount of repairs, they will just give you a new one. (Speaking in general support situations, not specifically ASUS.)

Or... don't buy ASUS...

Edited by Mr-Protocol