Wireless Router That Speaks Bluetooth

neobyte

I have been trying to find a wireless router that speaks wifi b/g, preferably n also, as well as bluetooth. I know this is a bit of an unusual request, and I have had no luck finding one so far. I should add that I have recently checked both the Cisco website and the Netgear website, and neither offer such a router. Do any of you guys know of a wireless router with bluetooth?

Edited by skipsbro

Don't think you will be able to find a consumer router that has bluetooth unless as stated by Norwat, that could work. If you don't mind me asking, why do you want bluetooth on a router for, isn't WI-FI already sufficient?

I don't know of anything like that, there were a few standalone Bluetooth AP on the market but they were fairly shitty and are no loner being made, I use to have a few Siemens Blue2net but gave the last one to Noisebridge, they used embedded Linux and came with all the source code. Your best bet is to get something like a cheap Linksys WRT160NL as its the Linux version of one of their newer n routers and has USB support.

• 3 weeks later...

Might be easier to build a router like Darren did with untangle, and install one of these - http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?item=94142

Not sure how well it would do the job, but might be an interesting project.