Lulzsec Calls It Quits After 50 Days Of 'mayhem'

Infiltrator

The computer hacking group LulzSec said Saturday it had ended its campaign of cyberassaults on government and corporate websites and that it was time for it to "sail into the distance."

Source: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9217938/LulzSec_calls_it_quits_after_50_days_of_mayhem_

I wonder whether they would ever return under a different name...

Edited by Infiltrator

And if you believe that, might I interest you in some swampland real estate in Florida? The only thing now is, they just won't announce it, more than likely. That, and they probably don't want it known outright what they are doing at this point with the fed and everyone else under the sun trying to track them all down now.

Edited by digip

And if you believe that, might I interest you in some swampland real estate in Florida? The only thing now is, they just won't announce it, more than likely. That, and they probably don't want it known outright what they are doing at this point with the fed and everyone else under the sun trying to track them all down now.

Exactly, for now they will have to keep a low profile until things are calm so that they can resurface as someone else or as themselves but for now we have to wait and see what's gonna happen.

I do not think we will ever know the real reason but these were posted a day before lulzsec dropped off:

http://pastebin.com/iVujX4TR

http://pastebin.com/76TsPHeU

I am more curious about what will happen with twitter account and web hosting account. It is clear they have broken laws and they have physical footprints. Will or have twitter or hosting site given or will give log info to any agencies that send warrants and such.

I am more curious about what will happen with twitter account and web hosting account. It is clear they have broken laws and they have physical footprints. Will or have twitter or hosting site given or will give log info to any agencies that send warrants and such.

You never know, the feds could also request access to the information through warrants. Then they can't really say no!

Members of LulzSec appear to have rallied around Anonymous with both the group, and some LulzSec members claiming they were now with Anonymous.

Very interesting move!!!!

Source

• 3 weeks later...

In another, the group said: "Arrest us. We dare you. We are the unstoppable hacking generation..."

I highly doubt that, soon or later they will regret having said that.