Defcon

elegin

I won't be going, but some of my work will be. You can catch it over at the Social-Engineer.org and Offensive Security tables. I did the banners, coins, misc, stickers and shirts for them again this year. I'm hoping to make it down to Derbycon though, but we are also trying to move sometime by August or September, and money is really tight so not sure how that will pan out.

First I have heard of Derbycon. Looks like first year. Might have to try to make it over there.

I had a few guys bail out this year on me for defcon so I am debating on going. I am excited about the sessions being piped into the rooms again like when it was at Riv but really really disappointed that the badges will not be electronic.

I went last year, was tempted to do it this year but can't be bothered to make the 16 hour flight. Don't get me wrong I like DefCon and its a lot of fun but 16 hours in cattle class when your 6" 5' is on par with being anally intruded with a broken of broom-handle. I'll probably not go to a con until HOPE next year as I have friends in NYC, so even if there's nothing I'm interested in, or if their rehashing old information/using the same talk that they have given 8 times before, I can at least get drunk with people I don't see very much.

i was trying to get the money saved up to go (this would have been my first con) then my car took a crap on me so that money is going to go toward a new one, plus the money that i was saving for a 2011 kawasaki ninja 250r. looking for a 93-96 firebird formula t-top now. oh well, eventually ill make it. maybe shmoocon next year since is much closer and the plane ticket wont be 350 bucks.

I went last year, was tempted to do it this year but can't be bothered to make the 16 hour flight. Don't get me wrong I like DefCon and its a lot of fun but 16 hours in cattle class when your 6" 5' is on par with being anally intruded with a broken of broom-handle. I'll probably not go to a con until HOPE next year as I have friends in NYC, so even if there's nothing I'm interested in, or if their rehashing old information/using the same talk that they have given 8 times before, I can at least get drunk with people I don't see very much.

Agree that's the only issue for me too, that long haul flight.