Setup Tunneldns Through A Vps

vj88

Hey,

I have a question about the dnstunneling stuff. Now that i have finished uni and have a job im thinking of things which will make my life easier. Now one of these is tunnelling through dnd (as i have a regular occurrence, of "yay free wireless, wait $5 for an hour yea i think not", when i am traveling). Now i am toying with the idea of getting a vps (either through host gater or domain.com) and if possible setting up the tunneling dns through it, so 1. i don't have to worry about keeping my computer on (as electricity prices will be increased for the 20th time this minute). 2. Very small chance of server being down or automatically restarting and waiting for me to login or something like that. 3. Can also secure my connection with ssh.

So yea my question again is if i get a vps will it be possible to set up dns tunneling with it using the ozymandns scripts talked about in i think season 4

Thanks

Most definitely, if you VPS supports SSH all you have to do is SSH into your VPS using PUTTY and tunnel all you traffic through. If you are on Linux just go to the terminal and establish a SSH connection.

Edited by Infiltrator

Most definitely, if you VPS supports SSH all you have to do is SSH into your VPS using PUTTY and tunnel all you traffic through. If you are on Linux just go to the terminal and establish a SSH connection.

I think the OP is asking how hard it would be to tunnel via DNS while using a hotspot that allows outbound DNS traffic but blocks most others (pretty common setup at hotels, etc.). Most will not allow SSH outbound prior to paying for their service. I myself am getting closer to this setup as well. Just trying to find a good VPS provider that doesn't ask questions and resides in a non-extridatory nation :).

Check this site for more information OP:

http://www.dnstunnel.de/

Ohh my bad, it shouldn't be hard at all. Provided you have a VPS or a server running SSH, it should be a straight forward set up without any complication.

I found this youtube video that walks through the process of setting up a DNS Tunneling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke0cFcPJUOc&feature=related