Pineapple And Mac Os X

I think everything is working OK besides the fact that i cant bridge the airport to the ethernet to make the pineapple actually have internet connection.

best way to bridge i found was using IPNetRouterX (app) and this enables me to access the pineapple thru 192.168.1.1 on the laptop (otherwise i cant access it and keep an internet connection).

So atm i have the

iPhone -wifi- pineapple -ethernet- macbook pro -wifi- internet

en0 en1

the iphone connects to the pineapple successfully but without internet connection.

and i tried sniffing en0 with the macbook pro and i cant get anything out of it, so im guessing the MITM isnt work for some reason.

any idea whats going on?

That is because you were using VMWare on a mac... You are in IRC saying virtualbox is working better.

The problem is your Internet connection sharing.

I was using VMWare to boot backtrack 5 and try to follow some guides on Pineapple + Linux.

But the problem was running pineapple on mac os x ;)

Virtualbox is running backtrack5 now and its all good but i havent started working with pineapple on backtrack.

I was using VMWare to boot backtrack 5 and try to follow some guides on Pineapple + Linux.

But the problem was running pineapple on mac os x ;)

Virtualbox is running backtrack5 now and its all good but i havent started working with pineapple on backtrack.

I have used the Pineapple with my MBP and it works quite well. Both with internal ethernet and an external Apple USB-ethernet. Had to use static IP-adresses thou for some strange reason.

I have used the Pineapple with my MBP and it works quite well. Both with internal ethernet and an external Apple USB-ethernet. Had to use static IP-adresses thou for some strange reason.

Well the pineapple works well, but whoever connects to it wont have internet access. Same happened with you?

• 3 weeks later...

Well the pineapple works well, but whoever connects to it wont have internet access. Same happened with you?

Not really... I suspect that your pineapple isnt configured correctly... If you have activated internet sharing on the MB then it should work. Have you set DNS/Gateway on the fruit? ;)

[sOLVED] see my reply below

same issue here

dsl modem 192.168.10.1 w/ DHCP on

macbook pro on airport (en1) 192.168.10.7 has internet.

i start internet connection sharing as per the usual way when you configure your mac as a router

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-configure-macosx-as-nat-router/

macbook pro ip on ethernet (en0) 192.168.1.2

macbook pro gateway on en0 left blank

(the idea here is that anything plugged in to the mac's ethernet port will have internet access-and that client should have an ip of 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.3 or greater)

add pineapple (192.168.1.1) to ethernet jack on macbook-

pineapple settings in open-wrt page

gateway 192.168.1.1. at thispoint you'd expect the pineapple to talk to the mac like it's a wireless access point

I can connect to the pineapple with an ipad and the ipad gets an ip 192.168.1.146

i can even go to the openwrt settings page from the ipad

however the ipad has no internet access

i check ifconfig on the macbook and it says both interfaces(en0 and en1) are active and they both have proper ip addresses

en1 192.168.10.7 en0 192.168.1.2

so why cant the ipad go through the pineapple to get to the mac?

i turned off the dhcp server in the dsl modem, (thinking it might conflict with the pineapple dhcp) but that made no difference,

i turned internet connection sharing off and on and that did something interesting. i have an application running called 'little snitch' that alerts you whenever your pc wants to make an outgoing connection and it popped up a dialog that said

"natd" wants to connect 0.0.0.0 on DIVERT port 2560 (labrat)

and there were 4 choices

any connection

only port 2560 DIVERT (labrat)

only 0.0.0.0

only 0.0.0.0 and port 2560 DIVERT (labrat)

i chose any connection and hit 'allow'

the ipad still cant get onto the internet. i dont have anything on my network named labrat so dont ask me where that came from

i am obviously missing something here. can anyone shed a little light on a solution?

Edited by bwanaaa

you'll notice i didnt do any port forwarding in the above example.

since i am not trying to access the pineapple from the internet,i dont need to forward any ports from the internet to the pineapple.

i also tried turning off the mac firewall but that did not help either, the ipad still has no internet access through the pineapple.

[sOLVED]

Turning off the firewall in the gui did not actually turn off the firewall! dont know why but sudo ipfw list showed that it was still up. i had installed noobproof for more granular control to ipfw and i had forgotten that. i turned off ipfw with noob proof and now internet sharing works properly. Running wireshark on the MBP allows me to capture from jasager. unfortunately the data streams are hot, heavy and dense so i use the follow tcp stream in the analyze menu to get focussed in.