Faking Certain Webpages As Mitm

bmccutch

Hello, I am pretty new with man in the middle attacks but i know how to use arpspoof and stripssl to capture passwords. I was wondering if it was possible to use this to "fake" certain webpages like redirecting them to another page?

thanks

I looked into dnspoof and did not have much luck getting it to work but i did not have much time to test it out, and i am also getting a wifi pineapple in a few days i was wondering if this was already covered somewhere else?

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am pretty new with man in the middle attacks but i know how to use arpspoof and stripssl to capture passwords. I was wondering if it was possible to use this to "fake" certain webpages like redirecting them to another page?

thanks

You can use Cain and Able to redirect victims to other websites, or a fake website if you will.

• 5 months later...

You can use Cain and Able to redirect victims to other websites, or a fake website if you will.

This has interested me greatly!

I suppose I would say I'm new to 'hacking' but in all truth I have been playing around with things like cain and abel and SET for about a year with varied results ;)

When using SET I've found the most difficult thing to do is push my credential harvester to the target pc; I've had to hit up my IP in their browser when they're not looking etc.

How would I use cain and abel (or any other alternate method) to redirect victims to my IP?

Cheers,

Tombo

There's a lot of ways to do that.

The victims router could be compromised by relying on a phony DNS server (that you'd create) that would redirect to whatever IP you want for whatever purpose.

DNS could be spoofed MITM style on/outside of LAN.

ISP/LAN DNS cache could be poisoned.

The victims hosts file could be compromised.

A browser could be infected.

Probably many other ways too.

This has interested me greatly!

I suppose I would say I'm new to 'hacking' but in all truth I have been playing around with things like cain and abel and SET for about a year with varied results ;)

When using SET I've found the most difficult thing to do is push my credential harvester to the target pc; I've had to hit up my IP in their browser when they're not looking etc.

How would I use cain and abel (or any other alternate method) to redirect victims to my IP?

Cheers,

Tombo

Edited by Infiltrator