Does Darren have a brother in the IT business?

xcrustwadx

I was at the IT department of my university and I was attending a lecture. The IT guy was introduced as (*somename*) Kitchen. Is this Darren's brother or relative?

Or it could be a coincidence. There must be over a few million *someone's first name* Kitchen in the US.

*Edited for stupidity.

Is Darren also a cat lover? I kinda figured you for a dog person (German Shepard or Doberman type).

I love cats and at the moment, hate dogs. Especially my sister's dogs. Long story short: One of them pissed, yes pissed, on my media server and fried the mobo, one hdd and video card.

I love cats and at the moment, hate dogs. Especially my sister's dogs. Long story short: One of them pissed, yes pissed, on my media server and fried the mobo, one hdd and video card.

Is the term 'dog' a euphamisme for some thing there? ;)

Is the term 'dog' a euphamisme for some thing there? ;)

Haha, no but that's clever.

No, one of my sister's dogs really did take a piss right on my server. Recovery thus far: 2 out of 3 hdds working (all data lost however - 300+ gb's). Mobo and video card still shot (will try running a post card tommorrow to see where it get's stuck as it won't post).

I once saw on the gadget show that if an electrical device gets wet get something like a hairdryer or one off those lamps which heat up the air and take the device apart and put the parts on the floor and dry them out but i'm not sure dog piss was mentioned :P

That doesn't really apply when the equipment is on and gets fried.

Only works if it was off when it got wet. :(