The UK Terror plot: what's really going on?

DLSS

wetelectric you are by far the most obnoxious person i have ever encountered on a forum, And ive been on a few.

I dont get my views from TV, radio or newspaper. I will go onto google news when ever I have a minute and I wish i had the time to watch tv but i dont. I work in a cybercafe 12 hours a day so all i have is the internet to pass away the hours.

Now since my posts were not in pop-up book format i imagine you may have had some trouble reading my posts so just for you i'll try and summarise.

1. Home grown Islamic extremism is dangerous in this country and should be dealt with as swiftly as possible.

2. Many muslims turn a blind eye to this extremism in their communities and they need to work with the government to deal with it. This needs to be done to save muslim lives just as much as anyone elses.

3. Though i may have been wrong about Vako on the left side of the political spectrum i still believe that many, if not most, can be labeled as being right wing, left wing, conservate, liberal etc.

4. You are more reactionary and aggressive than any tabloid. Your arguments are non existent and your points are more slanderous than anything else. If a civil debate is going to take place between us then you need to calm down.

5. Im not BNP one of my mates is from thailand and another from china.

Now lets get a debate going and stop this game of flamer tennis

1. ah Islamic extremism is bad.... mmm on another note water is wet, the sky is blue and the earth is round.

2. Muslims turn a blind eye? This is just rubbish. Some of the recent bombers from this country lived in mixed communities. White black,Asian, non-religious, religious. I don't see you blaming anyone else? The point your missing here is that it is not an 'us and them' situation. Its just 'us'. If there was a killing in your community and someone said to you (because u happened to have the same skin colour,religion, <substitute difference here> as the perpetrator), you were not doing enough to prevent these things... how would feel? Like most people you would go wtf, why are you picking on me? What have done, im just getting on with life. Now imagine its a government, media etc.. gah... 'us and them' yea right.

3. ah Im on the team of pirates. I like pirates..... oh and muffins.

Left, right, blue team, red team.... meaningless. It depresses me that the level of discourse, such as it is in the U.S.A for example ("oh ur a liberal i hate u!" or "oh ur a conservative, i hate u!"), u thrive on. You have no point, u just picked an imaginary side and repeat phrases u believe to represent your 'team'. “oh i think I'll be right wing! yay for me!†ha! People outside this country (U.K) probably won't know, but all this guy (wolf) is doing is quoting *verbatim* things that have been in the papers and on the radio (talksport- John Gaunt /James Whale). It's a joke!

4. er... for this i'll just repeat what i said before:

You say things that on the face of it seem ok, but u mix them up with idodic narrative. "I hate people who hate this country"...sounds reasonable (if not a 'chav'--TEAM BRITAIN FUK YEA!)... But one u single out Muslims two u mix it in with stuff you could find on www.bnp.org.uk. Its ridiculous, 'repatriation', 'them Arabs', 'they come to *our* country'........... nutter

5. I didn't say you were bnp (although u sound like it), i said you repeat the same crap they come out with. You also do it in the same divisive style. Your the British equivalent of those Americans who stopped eating 'French fries' (see Americans, we have these people too ;) ). You are not to be taken seriously, you are to be pitied and derided. You try to generate debate without actually having anything to say. Again to everybody that's not from this country. He is repeating verbatim stuff that was on the radio and in the papers. Its so so cringing. Imagine someone doing Bill O'Reilly and people taking it seriously. lol

And once again you ignore the opportunity to get back to the argument and debate the issue. All i see is you ranting about how I am a evil far right groupie cyber-facist nutter who 'parrots' what i see and hear in the media when REALLY most people would agree with much of what I say and would respect my right to say it.

Its ok I get it! you want to tell the world that you are an-uber individual who wont let any external entities influence you. Now get over it and lets debate the topic.

Did the government do the right thing in arresting the suspected terrorists? Discuss

Woah, this has become quite heated. I just wanted to interject for a second and ask if anyone in the Uk heard of the 3 men who were arrested in my home state, Michigan, for purchasing well over a 1,000 used cell phones and were suspected in planning an attack against the Mackinac Bridge? The 'terrorist' charges were recently dropped but I was curious to see if any of the UK's, or other countries in Europe, new stations or papers reported the event.

Was that the guys who wanted to sell them, because PAYG plans were cheaper than the phone service back home?

As for the question possed by Mr Wolf:

Yes, they had every right to investigate them, but when america pushes for loud public arrests, with nothing but creating fear on a massive scale as there agenda its wrong. For one, if they were expecting liquid explosives, why take every bottle they could find and put them in open bins next to large crowds of people? Surely thats a dumb move? Its things like that, and the fact that the majority of the people they arrested didn't even has passports, which makes me cry "its a crock of shit!". It was a staged photo op. not a serious anti terrorism move.

Wow discussing politics and religion at the same time on teh internets. It can never go well.

Arresting terrorists before they do their terrorising is good. However, when you start arresting potential terrorists, which seems to be the popular thing for governments to do now, it gets a bit scary. Specially since the definition for what is a potential terrorist gets wider and wider each day. If it keeps evolving this way you will soon be taken in for questioning just for having a different opinion.

That's what my paranoia is telling me anyway.

Yes, they had every right to investigate them, but when america pushes for loud public arrests, with nothing but creating fear on a massive scale as there agenda its wrong. For one, if they were expecting liquid explosives, why take every bottle they could find and put them in open bins next to large crowds of people? Surely thats a dumb move? Its things like that, and the fact that the majority of the people they arrested didn't even has passports, which makes me cry "its a crock of shit!". It was a staged photo op. not a serious anti terrorism move.

I believe that the government definitely over reacted and caused more panic than was neccessary. I mean 10,000 people lost thir baggage all because the government didnt even give the major airlines and airports any warning or support.

• 3 weeks later...

i just try to ignore it all... out of sight out of mind. But I think our world is turning more and more into the V or Vendetta world, that was a pretty good movie, and when that happens i think ill move to a country that no one will ever bother...

canada

i just try to ignore it all... out of sight out of mind. But I think our world is turning more and more into the V or Vendetta world, that was a pretty good movie, and when that happens i think ill move to a country that no one will ever bother...

canada

rofl so true :P

i'll come with u :D

then we get SKTFM to restart the KULT

and build one of the safe houses :D