Metasploit Dns And Dhcp Exhaustion

Sander

Hi all,

i'm trying to get DHCP exhaution working on my system, thoug I get the following error:

[-] WARNING! The following modules could not be loaded!

/opt/framework-3.7.0/msf3/modules/auxiliary/digininja/dhcp_exhaustion/exhaust.rb: MisingSourceFile no such file to load -- lib/dhcp

I'm running this on a new installed Slackware 13.37 in vmware using metasploit v3.8.0-dev [core:3.8 api:1.0]

the dhcp folder and dhcp.rb are at /opt/framework-3.7.0/msf3/lib, /opt/framework-3.7.0/msf3/modules/lib and /lib (I guesss the first is the proper, but you can't be to sure)

I'm a total newbie on metasploit, and cannot think of any reason why this should not work.

Any suggestions?

I would suggest updating your metasploit framework and try reading this documentation

http://www.digininja.org/metasploit/dns_dhcp.php

I would suggest updating your metasploit framework

I've dowloaded and installed the framework this week, then i've ran "msfupdate". When starting it gives this version information: "metasploit v3.8.0-dev [core:3.8 api:1.0]". I doubt this isn't the latest version. If it is not, how do I update?

try reading this documentation

I did, this is where I've found this modules.

The documentation describes how to use this. The line "use auxiliary/digininja/dns_mitm/dns_mitm" gives the expected "msf auxiliary(dns_mitm) >" prompt. However when starting the msfconsole I get the mentioned error. The line "use auxiliary/digininja/dhcp_exhaustion/exhaust" returns "[-] Failed to load module: auxiliary/digininja/dhcp_exhaustion/exhaust"

I might have made a mistake during the installation, the documentation doesn't describes hoe to install.

You might want to navigate to this directory and determine if the module actually exists in there, if it doesn't then it could explain why its failing to load.

auxiliary/digininja/dns_mitm/dns_mitm

Edited by Infiltrator

You might want to navigate to this directory and determine if the module actually exists in there, if it doesn't then it could explain why its failing to load.

auxiliary/digininja/dns_mitm/dns_mitm

dns_mitm isn't the problem, this works. the dhcp exhaustion is the problem.

I've checked it's existence, it does exist.

• 1 year later...

I am getting the same issue when trying to load the module it tells me that it fails to load has anyone solved this issue or have some instructions on loading the modules correctly

• 1 year later...

Over a year later, I'm having this error as well...why IT people use their knowlege as a club never ceases to astound me. The VERY documentation we're looking for ISNT at that link infiltrator...and there are a number of aux dir's too, do we put these in ALL of them??????

[root@rhel6 metasploit]# find /opt/metasploit/ -name auxiliary
/opt/metasploit/apps/pro/modules/auxiliary
/opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/test/modules/auxiliary
/opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/modules/auxiliary
/opt/metasploit/apps/pro/msf3/lib/msf/core/auxiliary

Fukin hell people, how GOD DAMND hard is it to paste an anchored directory listing????