Hak5 Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nopenopenope

Backtrack 5 Arm

So I was following the backtrack guide on this website www.mattslifebytes.com to try and set up arm on my rooted droid x (running the rom apex) and ran→ su →cd →cd /sdcard/bt5→ sh instalbusybox.sh → sh bt → then I get this error

Note: ive tried this twice now so that's why in the example below I didn't run sh install busybox.sh

/ $ su

c/ # cd

~ # cd /sdcard/bt5/

/sdcard/bt5 # su

\w \$ sh bt

mkdir failed for /data/local/mnt, File exists

Loop device exists

mount: No such device

mount: No such file or directory

net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

bt: line 23: can't create /data/local/mnt/etc/resolv.conf: nonexistent directory

bt: line 24: can't create /data/local/mnt/etc/resolv.conf: nonexistent directory

bt: line 25: can't create /data/local/mnt/etc/hosts: nonexistent directory

Ubuntu is configured with SSH and VNC servers that can be accessed from the IP:

eth0: No such device

chroot: can't execute '/bin/bash': No such file or directory

Shutting down BackTrack ARM

failed.

failed.

failed.

failed.

losetup: /dev/loop7: Device or resource busy

\w \$

The eth0 isn't the problem I had it on the first time I trued this and didn't get the eth0 error, so just ignore that

Thanks for any help!

Right now they have it on the Xoom and Samsung Galaxy - http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/backtrack-5-how-tos/

Variations of the phone and underlying OS would require some minor changes in the instructions I would think.

Dave wrote up an article as well with full walkthrough - http://www.secmaniac.com/may-2011/backtrack-5-on-motorola-xoom-in-10-minutes-or-less/

Just have to make sure things apply to your setup and file system layout. If you are already using an alternative rooted ROM, there in might be the problem but I don't own any ARM devices that i can try installing it on, so I can't speak from experience. Try the instructions on those links though, see if they help in any way.