Kryptos Logic / Konboot Charges

BlueWyvern

I just wanted to put a warning out there to anyone else who might be buying Konboot.

I was hit with transaction fees because they charged it as a PIN based transaction (without giving my PIN #)

as well as an International Transaction Fee. *which makes no sense since their HQ is in CA and I am in OH*

I just wanted to put a warning out there to anyone else who might be buying Konboot.

I was hit with transaction fees because they charged it as a PIN based transaction (without giving my PIN #)

as well as an International Transaction Fee. *which makes no sense since their HQ is in CA and I am in OH*

Why are you paying for it? They offer it for free!

http://www.piotrbania.com/all/kon-boot/

By the way, there are FREE NT password reset utils out there. Check out UBCD4WIN. It has a plethora of tools used for administration and recovery needs.

Edited by digip

I thought that the links on that page were illegal versions, plus I can't tell you how many customers come bring their PCs to me and refuse to tell me their passwords. Rather than turn them down and lose money this program works like a dream.

• 3 months later...

The free version from piotrbania.com is the original kon boot version for 32bit windows. It will not work on 64bit. The retail version is for as small fee of 15.99 and gives email support along with 64 bit and windows 7 support. Avangate is our third party processor, and they handle all transactions. If you have a issue with billing, just contact support at avangate dot com or email our contact at kryptos and we will resolve it personally. we will be providing a few free tokens to hak5 for end users on our upcoming update next week.

Thanks,

Team Kryptos Logic

I don't mind Konboot but it does have a tendency of failing sometimes, that's why I use NT password offline or some live CDs

Edited by Infiltrator