Hak5 Ios App (Cydia)

Guest Deleted_Account

Guest Deleted_Account

As per my other post I am working on a hak5 app for Cydia on iOS so far it only grabs the RSS feed but it has 2 buttons for Feedback and Twitter which need to be implemented still but I am working on it ;) anyways here is the updated application, new screenshot and sources:

post-15260-0-93675700-1304661958_thumb.p

Download with Sources: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3374394/Hak5.zip

Released under GPLV3 Share-Alike No-Comercial use. (Licence included in zip file).

I am hopping there are some other iOS Dev's on these forums to help out or anyone with XCode/Obj-C experience. All help welcome. Credit will be added to main files.

To use:

1) SSH to your jailbroken ipod touch/iPhone or use iFile's web server feature.

2) Place the Hak5.app in /Applications

3) If using iFile you will need to unzip it (permissions will be applied automatically)

3b) if using SSH be sure to:

chmod 755 ./Hak5.app

4) respring

5) the app should apear on the device.

I will post this in the appstore once it is complete and I have my full dev account :) (Unless of course the Hak5 Team prefers it in Cydia )

For now the app is selfsigned so if you are messing with the code you will need to either run it in the simulator or self sign it following one of the many online guides (UNLESS you have the 99$ dev account from apple).

Let's see how awesome we can make this app!

x942

Nice. I started work on a Hak5 iOS app but stopped when the Revision3 app came out.

For now the app is selfsigned so if you are messing with the code you will need to either run it in the simulator or self sign it following one of the many online guides (UNLESS you have the 99$ dev account from apple).

Got one of those :)

Edit: Revisited it, rewrote most of it, grab it here. Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC 3.0)

It uses Grand Central Dispatch and NSNotifications, MediaPlayer.Framework and TouchXML, and has an activity indicator counter system similar to the retain/release count of objects. Like you, I haven't started on the Twitter integration yet either.

Edited by Psychosis

Guest Deleted_Account

Nice. I started work on a Hak5 iOS app but stopped when the Revision3 app came out.

Got one of those :)

Edit: Revisited it, rewrote most of it, grab it here. Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC 3.0)

It uses Grand Central Dispatch and NSNotifications, MediaPlayer.Framework and TouchXML, and has an activity indicator counter system similar to the retain/release count of objects. Like you, I haven't started on the Twitter integration yet either.

Nice! I added a UIWebview component and replaced the twitter tab with that. Right now it loads the hak5 forums by default. I am currently trying to find a way to pull a feed from @Hak5Darren but can't get it to work! Will post sources and .app when I get back.

Nice! I added a UIWebview component and replaced the twitter tab with that. Right now it loads the hak5 forums by default. I am currently trying to find a way to pull a feed from @Hak5Darren but can't get it to work! Will post sources and .app when I get back.

Can you post a zip of you're code ?

I'm setting up a subversion server, to keep track of the changes would come in handy.

Also added some launch and icon file

Regards

edit: I got the feed from @Hak5darren working. But I'm still figuring out how to parse it correctly.

Edited by niels

I have a Gitosis and Git-Daemon server; Github's also a valid option. I don't like Subversion :P

I'm about to tackle the twitter feeds. Wish me luck.

Edit: Added twitter feeds (Darren, Shannon, Jason and Rob, edit twitterfeeds.plist to add more) using json-framework. Source, same licence as above (forgot to add it to the zip and CBF right now redoing it)

Edited by Psychosis

Hey,

I check out the feed but they aren't working for me.

I was also thinking to change the design of the H5TwitterView. I was thinking to implement a feeds button in the navigation bar like you have with contacts(groups) and iCal(Calenders).

I'm working at that change for the moment. Why use JSON ? You already included the XML library and you can get xml straight of twitter ?

About the subversion server, I already setup my server a little bit, I tried installing git but could get it working back then.

Will take a look to see if I get is started and switch from svn to git.

Or what was you're idea ? Because now everbody is working on his own and version keep apearing :D.

Regards.

Niels.

Guest Deleted_Account

Hey,

I check out the feed but they aren't working for me.

I was also thinking to change the design of the H5TwitterView. I was thinking to implement a feeds button in the navigation bar like you have with contacts(groups) and iCal(Calenders).

I'm working at that change for the moment. Why use JSON ? You already included the XML library and you can get xml straight of twitter ?

About the subversion server, I already setup my server a little bit, I tried installing git but could get it working back then.

Will take a look to see if I get is started and switch from svn to git.

Or what was you're idea ? Because now everbody is working on his own and version keep apearing :D.

Regards.

Niels.

Twitter uses JSON so using it over XML means you can use twitter's API more efficiently that way. Also my UIWebView tab is done I just have to upload it (Will do in a min or two)

Also Since Psychosis already put twitter in using almost the exact same method as I did I will drop mine out and add my updates to his new version.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Gitosis and Git-Daemon server; Github's also a valid option. I don't like Subversion :P

I'm about to tackle the twitter feeds. Wish me luck.

Edit: Added twitter feeds (Darren, Shannon, Jason and Rob, edit twitterfeeds.plist to add more) using json-framework. Source, same licence as above (forgot to add it to the zip and CBF right now redoing it)

Nice work, any way to change the amount of episodes available?

THX

Nice work, any way to change the amount of episodes available?

THX

Not right now, I'm rewritten the app a little bit.

Today I'm going to send Darren an email to check if I get permission to try and get it in the AppStore.

Not able to select the amount of episodes yet but any adjustments, remarks, suggestions , ... are always welcome.