Affordable Droid Tablets? Need Advice

Hello All,

I have been looking at getting some sort of tablet that runs Droid apps, has a image & video recorder with decent to awesome quality megapixel wise, has Wi-fi built in, can play movies like .avi's and .mp4's, music, is pretty fast, can support a fairly large SD-card or HD space (16 or 32GB) , supports the reading of .pdf ebooks, can be used without glare from the sun (I am in FL right now, so it often makes the screen hard to read when outdoors) , has good battery life (not something that the battery will die in 3 or 4 hours) ... and hopefully find it for around $200 or under. Yes I know thats alot to ask lol any suggestions?

Also I am not sure about a touchscreen keyboard, I have a touch screen phone and it is a pain to type stuff oout on the touch screen so maybe some kind of netbook would be cool too. Thanks

LOL.. yeah that could be a choice or I seen some cheap chinese crap droid tablet thats like $125, still looking lol

Edit:: actully after looking as this its looks pretty cool but dunno if I could play movies on it (the CVS netbook) http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=820128&productId=820128&navAction=jump&navCount=3

think I could throw droid on it as a main OS? thanks

Edited by 555

If you got a little bit of extra dough try looking at the Asus Transformers,

seems to have everything you want for 300, 500 if you want the extra battery/physical keyboard dock.

Was looking into getting one of these bad boys myself but i bought a 1201n instead.

Runs android 3.0 so your apps shouldn't be a problem, has nice processor, and great battery life (Or so the reviews say)

link to asus's website: http://promos.asus.com/US/EeePadTransformer/?gclid=CLq52-mtw6gCFapl7AodxFPwsQ

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to be pretty difficult to meet all those criteria, though I think it's worth a try to look at CherryPal. I recently heard about a company that makes a replacement screen for the Samsung N130 & Lenovo S10-2 netbooks, which operates in both normal TFT LCD mode, and also in color e-ink mode, which would solve your problem of not being able to see your screen in direct sunlight while still meeting your battery life requirement (something which, given your other hardware and price requirements, is nearly impossible otherwise). Pixel Qi Display That screen will run you $275 though. I'm pretty sure you will have to make a couple concessions, mostly on price in the event that you absolutely must have all of your desired equipment/hardware. Point being, I don't think you will ever find what you want for the price you want to pay, and almost certainly not unless you look into used or refurbished equipment.

Edited by NegativeSpace