Macbook Or Pc Notebook?

bibbinut

Hi everyone :)

I'm looking at buying either a Macbook or a PC notebook.

It's for a home based computer consulting business I'm running. I won't be needing something that has a lot of bells and whistles or like a race car. LOL I'm not going to be using it for gaming.

I'm leaning towards a Macbook since IMHO it's got the best hardware. My brother bought one recently (he's a mechanical engineer) and actually has Windows 7 as his OS on his Macbook.

I've been pricing out different makes of PC notebooks i.e. Sony, Toshiba, etc. and Macbooks ,etc. and was thinking of even having Windows 7 with Linux running underneath as my OS. Also, I'll be using a mobile stick to connect to the internet.

Any suggestions? And what types of laptops/notebooks/mini net-books do you all have and what do you like about them and their specs?

It will help in my decision.

Thanks! :)

Hak5 is a great forum and all the members are so nice here. :)

(I'm a little puzzled at how the rating system here works when you click to vote on a person's post. Not sure why mine is a -1. But, that's OK. Maybe I worded this wrong? Please bear with me I'm new here and learning the ropes of this forum. Am really enjoying it here. Very helpful and informative topics. Thanks! :))

(Thanks for the votes(stars) for my post title. It's greatly appreciated. This is a wonderful forum and all the members here are very nice):)

Edited by bibbinut

Took a look at a Sony notebook at their main site. Good buy? and good specs? Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks! :)

Laser Engraving

Model number: VPCEA490X CTO

$719.99

Customize

NEW!

Available features:

* Intel® Core™ i5 processors available.

* Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium and Professional available

* 14" VAIO® display with LED backlight (1366x768)

* Available Blu-ray Disc™ player/burner

* ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 GPU available (512MB VRAM)

* Intel® Wireless Display available

* Up to 8GB of configurable RAM

* Up to 500GB (7200rpm) or 640GB (5400rpm) Hard Drive available

* High Capacity Battery

* Built-in webcam and microphone

* Integrated Bluetooth® technology and WiFI

* Adobe Bundle available (at no cost)

* Microsoft® Office 2010 Starter

Available colors: Gunmetal Black, Lava Black, Coconut White, Passion Purple, Hibiscus Pink, Iridescent Blue, Caribbean Green

Edited by bibbinut

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/03/21/apple_macbook_pro_2011_freezes/

Mac books are the same hardware as PC's cost more and overheat because the engineer didn't think CPU's need cooling .... again.

Thank You and thanks for the link. :)

Edited by bibbinut

i love my macbook pro for the reason of that it can take hits. That thing is build with great quality (mine is i don't know about new ones). Mine has taken abuse like dropping it steping on it ect and not breaks. Build with quality instead of some of the consumer ones like dell, hp plastic crap. Get a business dell they are good quality too.

Thank You all for the very nice responses. It's helping me a lot in making my decision. Everyone is very helpful here in their posts and the threads and topics are very helpful and informative. Thank you also to the admins and the moderators of the hak5 forums. GREAT SITE! :)

Edited by bibbinut

<br /><a href='http://www.reghardware.com/2011/03/21/apple_macbook_pro_2011_freezes/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.reghardwa...o_2011_freezes/</a><br /><br />Mac books are the same hardware as PC's cost more and overheat because the engineer didn't think CPU's need cooling .... again.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

agreed