vnc again

anyedie

again with the problems... im trying to use the no installer version of tightvnc and just trying to do it from my own computer and every time i connect it starts an infinite loop of desktops showing up! tightvnc has very little as far as FAQ's or man's. Can anyone help with this?

Asuming you only have one router, don't port farward unless you want to be able to connect to the VNC server from the internet. If, However, you do wish to connect from the internet it is recommended that you use SSH tunneling or at least use UltraVNC with it's strongest key and a very strong password (asuming you are using windows if you are using Linux/BSD you have to use a SSH tunnel).

again with the problems... im trying to use the no installer version of tightvnc and just trying to do it from my own computer and every time i connect it starts an infinite loop of desktops showing up! tightvnc has very little as far as FAQ's or man's. Can anyone help with this?

You got loopback enabled?

yes, loopback was enabled. After giving it more thought i fingured out just how dumb the problem was... i was running it on my own computer... so what happens when you put 2 mirrors facing eachother! man that was dumb... but i did succesfully complete a few vnc sessions on my girlfriends computer today... thanks guys!

yes, loopback was enabled. After giving it more thought i fingured out just how dumb the problem was... i was running it on my own computer... so what happens when you put 2 mirrors facing eachother! man that was dumb... but i did succesfully complete a few vnc sessions on my girlfriends computer today... thanks guys!

Thats what I said ^^