Coldfusion and PHP

debianuser

This should probably be in questions but.... yea coldfusion and php have similer properties. Both have their advantages. I like the way coldfusion handles database interaction. It just looks 'nicer' than php way of handling DB interaction.

Coldfusion could be described as a 'glue'. It allows one to blend quite a few technologies together. Java, C dlls, etc... That said.... it is pretty slow.

Choice between the two?...it depends on what you want to do.. :) shit answer I know.

This should probably be in questions but.... yea coldfusion and php have similer properties. Both have their advantages. I like the way coldfusion handles database interaction. It just looks 'nicer' than php way of handling DB interaction.

Coldfusion could be described as a 'glue'. It allows one to blend quite a few technologies together. Java, C dlls, etc... That said.... it is pretty slow.

Choice between the two?...it depends on what you want to do.. :) shit answer I know.

ya - i gave it a look! seems more organized but i'll stick with PHP and MYSQL

what i don't get is all customers who always ask "do you know COLDFUSION?"

seriously - what's the deal with it, if I can do the same thing, ten times faster using php and mysql?!

The primary feature of ColdFusion is its associated scripting language, ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML), which compares to JSP, C#, or PHP and resembles HTML in syntax. "ColdFusion" is often used synonymously with "CFML", but it should be noted that there are additional CFML application servers besides ColdFusion, and that ColdFusion supports programming languages other than CFML, such as server-side Actionscript.

Always a good place to start.

who the duece would want server-side actionscript? :roll:

I'm decent with flash and actionscript, so I know its value in web deveopment and flash apps, but used for server-side scripting? Whoever the arse thought It would be a valuable tool for server implementation obviously has been living under 486 prototype for some time.

...End of Rant...