Starbuck's or Barnies?

angelictorment

Reception desk at work.

They have one of those machines that you put some beans into and it grinds and brews it on the spot. That machine makes one HELL of a tasty cup of espresso. It's a pity it's a couple of floors down, and it's intended for waiting visitors primarily so I had to kiss up to the receptionists, but it's well worth it.

I'd get one of those machines myself for home use, but they're like 400 euros. I like a good cup of coffee like the next caffeine addict, but to me that's WAY more than I'm willing to devote to the cause.

<snip>

I'd get one of those machines myself for home use, but they're like 400 euros. I like a good cup of coffee like the next caffeine addict, but to me that's WAY more than I'm willing to devote to the cause.

You know that would be a great project, build your own coffee machine!

Well, when i'm at home, my mom's 100% columbian is great... leaving the home, Hot Java is good, Coffee Underground is better. While I'm away at shool, there is really only one option for coffee, that being the Midnight Rooster. They make better tea than coffee though, but there is a strictly enforced no heating element in the dorm room policy, so the rooster is really my only choice.

1 kettle, three pumps, one electric grinder, some tubeing, a filter, some relays, wire, and a PIC chip...

Sounds like something to do one weekend ;)

PS, starbucks... but nero is better ;)

I would try it, but I dont even know what expesso is!

You of all people should know how to figure it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expresso

Italian roast by folgers, does the job well. If I have to stop somewhere starbucks is ok for a cafe latte. Tim hortons is good too, large portions for cheap and it's usually quite good coffee.

We don't have Tim Hortons here in the states. I've had it in Tdot and it's good, but I'm actually very proud of the fact that I'm one of the few people I know that hasn't been sucked into the coffee fad thats swept the world in the last few years.

Growing up I just remember a few instant coffee commercials on TV, and maybe a coffee shop / book store downtown. Now it seems that you cant throw a rock without breaking the window of a starbucks or similar trendy caffine fueling station. Now carefully read this next statement because it's nothing against you or your choice to drink coffee at home or from a resteraunt.

Fuck starbucks and all the other trendy coffee joints. Fuck coffee.

ok, I'm done.

mmmmm Dunkin' Donuts

Not trendy, been here for decades.

Although never ask for a regular coffee, it means something different every where you go. Gotta be specific.

/boston accent

Gimmi a lahge coffee with cream, NOOOOOO sugah

boston accent/

We don't have Tim Hortons here in the states.

Um, yes we do. I live in Michigan and there's one in Mt. Pleasant. Don't know of anymore but that one I do know of and have been to before.

http://web.sa.mapquest.com/timhortons/?tempset=search

Now carefully read this next statement because it's nothing against you or your choice to drink coffee at home or from a resteraunt.

Oh I whole heartedly agree with you. I've just gotten to the point where if I can stomach the coffee, I'll purchase it. For me it doesn't really matter where it came from (7-11, starsucks, home depot, whatever), it's when I need a caffene fix that I spend the money. Other wise I'll just wait until I get home for a cup-a-joe.

Ok so I see some prefer the local market over the super highend we're gonna detroy the local market places... Thats cool... I just go to Barnies or Starbuck's cause I work in the local mall here in Orlando and they're the best places to get a frappucino or espresso or something loaded with caffiene... I generally go downstairs in my house and make a cup of green tea.

Starbucks sucks around here, MA, CT, NY, etc... mostly it's burnt, acidic crap.

Dunkin Donuts has, as been said, been around in the North East forever... but still sucks, donuts are just ok...

The best coffee shop I've been too is one called Java Journey. There's one at the before the cape, near the northern bridge to the cape... i forget havent been there in a year or so...

Deans Beans, New England coffee, Rao's Coffee all pretty good around here.

There's something called Ann's Cafe at the Holyoke Mall in MA. They are OK but super expensive. There's another one there but they seem to be all the same to me.

Aye the starbucks in the mall here doesn't have enough time to let the coffee to be burnt..I spent my whole 15minute break the other day waiting for a frappucino, was no big deal to me to wait but thats how long the line was. I went back to work and was glad when I did... Cause when I looked across the walk way the line was 10times longer than it was when I was in it.