Alienware Laptop

Infiltrator

Hi,

Has anyone here in the forums, ever owned an AlienWare laptop? I am going to be buying one in the near future and wanted to know if anyone has ever had any issues or problems.

Thank you

I've never owned one, but before you buy, search for laptops with comparable components and see the price difference. Usually Alienware just tries to put the top of the line components together and then hike the price for their outer shell package. Although I have to say, some of the things they do with laptops are pretty slick looking, such as lighted keyboards and ambient lighting to the rest of the shell. I think Mubix might own one IIRC, as I think I've seen the little alien on his laptop lid.

A lot of my friends at LAN use Alienware and Dell XPS laptops. From what I can see they are expensive but well built.

Dell own Alienware now.

Yes they are very expensive in deed and I am willing to fork out money on that beast.

I've also wanted to own an AlienWare. A quick question, has your friends ever reported any faults with their laptops?

I own an Alienware M17x_R2 and I haven't had any issues with it. It works great, it plays my games, it's got two GPUs for running Pyrit.

With regards to pricing, Alienware is actually priced pretty competitively. They're not the absolute cheapest, but they're not that much more expensive when you compare them against the same hardware. You can certainly spend more money for less system at some of the boutique vendors.

I own an Alienware M17x_R2 and I haven't had any issues with it. It works great, it plays my games, it's got two GPUs for running Pyrit.

With regards to pricing, Alienware is actually priced pretty competitively. They're not the absolute cheapest, but they're not that much more expensive when you compare them against the same hardware. You can certainly spend more money for less system at some of the boutique vendors.

I guess with the whole customization, upgrades its what makes them more expensive. But generally they are cheap averaging between $1500.00 to $2900.00 per laptop.