Auto-connect-wifi Stealing Thingy?

hunterh

hey guys im kinda new to "hacking" ive jail braked my iphones and ipods in the past and some flash writing but thats all, im going be going to florda and i would like to be on my laptop, i know there is wardriving but i dont know much about it, does it like search wifi networks and automaticly connects for you? how does this work? is there a program i can get? and what is the simpilist one? something i can just run in the back ground and not worry about it just let it connect to each network as it goes

Wardriving is basically a process in which involves you driving around in your car searching for open/closed wireless networks. I would highly recommend you not to do anything illegal, such as trying to break into peoples wireless. This will not only result them getting mad at you, but will also result in you going to jail as well.

If you want to learn more about wardriving check out this wikipeadia link, it should give you more information on what it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardriving

Edited by Infiltrator

If your just looking for a program to connect to open networks check out Auto AP. You put the program on your router and it will automatically connect you to the strongest open wifi connection in the area. you can also set some advanced settings about which ones to connect to and also make your home network the default if its in the area. Google AutoAP hope that helps

Resisting the erg to flame. He is looking for simple and easy tool to wardrive but is unsure of the definition. Ugg...

First get an idea of what you want to do. If you want to see what is out there for networks either (assuming windows) your wireless card should auto detect nearby APs. If you are going to be moving the whole time aka driving around and want to map the area for networks, something like Netstumbler or inSSIDer would be the software of choice.

If your just wanting to get a free wifi connection, Most McDonalds or Starbucks offer one. So on your trip to FL you can stop at those to access the net. Other then that you can try to just keep hitting refresh in windows and try to find open/free wifi networks. I used to keep mine open with no encryption just to share. If it is encrypted then yeah you run into legal issues unless you own it. There are programs and such to crack WEP and WPA but it sounds like you just want to get free internet wifi, so free wifi spots are a great choice. I beleive there is even a website that shows a ton of free wifi spots across the US, forget the name.. google will show you :)

DeAuth,

I think you scared him off the site..

And I have never heard of a story about malicious war drivers on the news LOL, it is ussually all about gangs, stabbings, shootings, frauds, child abuse, stuff like that. Maybe because you live in a small city?

Edit:: where is the author to this thread?

Edited by 555