Metasploit Driver?

rufus777

Different things work with different databases. Metasploit can work with all of them, but something like Armitage for example, is set to use MySQL when working with Metasploit.

Your problem isnt a MYSQL driver, it's that you dont have MYSQL running.... Metasploit has like 4 different database drivers built in. They are meant to work with an external database. If you dont have the database running well then that's your problem.

Read a bit more about metasploit and things will become clear.

http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed/Metasploit_Unleashed_Information_Security_Training

Edited by Mr-Protocol

I'm running backtrack 4 R2. Armitage is installed along with metasploit. I start MYSQL with /etc/init.d/mysql start then the credentials msfrpcd -f -U msf -P test -t Basic. But when I try to connect via armitiage I get an incorrect driver error. After some googling I found a fix that said I was to load up msfconsole then change the metasploit database with db_driver mysql. I only have the other two though?

Unless you change the mySQL settings, I believe they have to use the default root:toor login. no matter what you passwd change your shell password to..