Osx Installer From Grub On Multipass

MrFaust

I know the title may seem a bit misleading. I wish I knew how to do this, but the point is to find out if someone knows if this is possible.

I have a plethora of usbs like most of us. Various one for various uses, hence the point of making these multipasses in the first place. And thanks to this section of the forum and a few other places, I've managed to come up with a pretty nice multipass. BUT I am always looking for more things to include on it, or more so enough reason to buy a 64gb usb stick to make a mega-multipass since my 32gb multipass is just about full.

Ok enough babbling and on to my point. One of my usbs is a bootable installation of OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard. And on it's own it works fantastically. But I would LOVE to be able to have it on my multipass that has all my other OS installers as well instead of having to have 2 in the event of needing to install one OS or another. So I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with this and if it is even possible to do? I have even wondered if maybe creating a couple of partitions on the multipass, one in fat32 for all the stuff in my current multipass and one formatted for the OSX installation setup. I refer to this

for making the bootable USB installer for OSX. Hopefully that link doesn't violate any rules here.

A secondary question, and this is more to do with linux and a multipass, but it will eventually get there. Does anyone know if it is possible to make a bootable Ubuntu iso that could have multiple version as well as editions on a single iso? Like being able to have Ubuntu 10.10 x86 desktop, x64 desktop, x86 server, x64 server, as well as the Kubuntu editions or Xubuntu or Mint etc... ? I was just hoping it might be instead of filling my multipass with all this individual distro isos. Something like we are capable of doing with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2 all on one disc in all flavors and versions.

I hope this was understandable, my dreams for the future of a mega-pass, mostly because I am a little inebriated at the time of this post.

Thanks again for your time and hopefully any advice that might follow this, besides the "don't post when drunk" responces :)

• 1 month later...