Cracking Wpa & Wpa 2

iNTerWEBSz

How's it done? I know about the 4 way handshake, but can't seem to find a password list that fits my needs. I'm looking for a 4 gigabyte password list or something that should help me out ;)

You'll want something like oclHashCat on a CUDA based system with multiple GPU cards and let it work its magic.

edit: Actually, nto 100% sure oclhashcat does wpa, but thats the general idea. GPU based cracking with tools written to use GPU processing.

Edited by digip

You'll want something like oclHashCat on a CUDA based system with multiple GPU cards and let it work its magic.

edit: Actually, nto 100% sure oclhashcat does wpa, but thats the general idea. GPU based cracking with tools written to use GPU processing.

To confirm Digip uncertainty, none of HashCat current tools support WPA algorithm.

however you can use http://www.elcomsoft.com/edpr.html

to build your own distributed WPA cracking system and it also supports CUDA.

Edited by Infiltrator

While I love Pyrit and would use it for any WPA cracking I needed doing I have to admit it doesn't scale very well compared to Elcomsofts products.

Define scale? Elcomsoft is good for a cluster of computers all running windows and running the client/server software. For a single system like most home users probably will do, Pyrit should run faster than the Elcomsoft. Other tools i have tested have shown those results. Specifically MD5 hashes. Cuda based MD5 vs Elcomsoft, winner = Linux tool.

Define scale? Elcomsoft is good for a cluster of computers all running windows and running the client/server software. For a single system like most home users probably will do, Pyrit should run faster than the Elcomsoft. Other tools i have tested have shown those results. Specifically MD5 hashes. Cuda based MD5 vs Elcomsoft, winner = Linux tool.

Have you tried compiling pyrit to run on a distributed system at all?

Edited by Infiltrator