Can't Remeber Which Language

BattZ

Years ago, I wrote a program that could scan the screen for certain colors, it worked perfectly, and I was happy. Now, after countless HD reformats, new computers and all that, I've lost it. Now I can't even remember what language I wrote it in. I really thought it was java, but I haven't been able to find anything that could do that. So I'm wondering what languages could I do this in, so I can start to remake the original program.

Thanks

What languages are you proficient at?

I'm proficient at most of the popular languages, C++, java, vb etc..., but I like to do most of my programming in C++ or java when possible.

AutoHotKey looks interesting, I'll have to check it out, thanks

You could use C++ to write an app that will scan the screen for certain colors.

Edited by Infiltrator

You could use C++ to write an app that will scan the screen for certain colors.

I'm semi-proficient in C++ but am curious of what you mean by this? What library would that function be from?

I'm semi-proficient in C++ but am curious of what you mean by this? What library would that function be from?

I am not sure myself to be honest, but if there isn't a library I guess you could write one.

Edited by Infiltrator

Instinctive method would be to use one of the many methods to take a screen shot and then process that screen shot looking for the colours you are interested in. It probably isn't the best method and could put a lot of strain on your machine depending on how often it is taking a screen shot and processing it.