Netbook For Coding

entity

Dear forum,

I was thinking about getting a new netbook for Java/C# coding, was aiming towards netbooks and not laptops due to the fact that i need to carry around this device with me all day long and the current laptop (15inch) I have is killing me, also need something with decent battery life (4-5hrs at least) . I've been looking around on the internet for decently specced netbooks and the Asus 1215n caught my eye. Any opinions (pros/cons) on this product ,or maybe suggestions on different netbooks/devices ? I've also seen the alienware m11xR2 but that's a bit too expensive for my liking atm.

Thanks in advance,

Entity

Well netbooks have smaller keyboards, so you definitely have to try it before buying, since typos is something you really dont want.

I have Dell latitude D420, which is 13" Its old laptop, but it works well.

You may find used dells cheaper that those netbooks.

I own a HP Mini 110, its a great netbook for surfing the net and reading emails, but tends to perform poorly if used for hardcore tasks.

Furthermore the keyboard keys are very small and takes a while to get used to the size. Screen size is OK but a bit small, but you can get away with it.

In addition you might want to check out those Asus EEPC netbooks, they have a 3 to 4 hours battery life and runs quite smoothly as well.

Edited by Infiltrator