Ghosts and Poltergeists.

armadaender

Recently ran across this video: http://filecabi.net/video/poltergeist08.html and it reminded me of the weird shit that happens in my basement around 3 am (laundry dryer door opens and closes, slight banging on (what sounds like) the wall outside my room. I've also had a few experiences with what my local area calls the Ada-witch: http://www.geocities.com/grpalliance/adawitch.html I've seen weird shit happen around where she is buried (lights flickering, what looks like figures moving around in the woods) when we go 'wtich-hunting'. Radio stations are often static-y around there as well (especially at midnight with at least a half-moon.

I was wondering if anyone here has had ghost ecounters as well, maybe even a few creepy stories to share.

my moms old house is like 180 somthing years old. About 10 years ago when i usta live there, their were a few times i herd/felt things.. the only certain thing that freaked me was one night when my night stand shook viloently. It was scarry.

I'm fairly certian that ther is some truth to "ghost stoies", but shows like "Most hunted" are just playing with people. Shows like that are easily faked and just to bring in the punters. And alot of the time when there is no obviuse explination for some thing people who belive ghosts exsists (or more to the point want them to exsist) will instantly asume it's a ghost. But then of course, as geeks we are used to randomness with in computers. Unexplainable hardware deaths, code that was working fine two days ago has suddernly stopped working. We get it all the time, but we don't blame it on ghosts :P

This is most likly becasue we havn't made the link in our minds that software can be aultered by ghosts. Whcih, if some of the stories I have herd are true, they could. If the stories are true ghosts can play with electricity, and so could easily aulter a computers operating.

However, if (again, I keep repeating this) some ghost stories are true then surly, when our generation dies (if the ghosts are the decessed) then future generations are going to have a nightmare wiht computers. We'll be having so much fun scaring the crap out of them by turning servers on and off :D

However, if (again, I keep repeating this) some ghost stories are true then surly, when our generation dies (if the ghosts are the decessed) then future generations are going to have a nightmare wiht computers. We'll be having so much fun scaring the crap out of them by turning servers on and off :D

Didn't think of life-after death like that before. Is it bad that I'm kinda excited to die now? Wow, that sounded quite morbid. Damn, how I would to mess with future microsoft programmers and have the ghost of Bill Gates try to kick my ass.

I keep using if becasu there is no proper soldid evidence but:

If any ghost stories are true it usualy involves some kind of tragady (most often a murder). The ghosts then most offten luck around the place of there death or what ever. This is just speculation, all this is yet to be prooved. But, if I was given the option of been dead for 10ish minuets with a 100% chance of been brought back to life, I would give give it a shot no question. I wonder if there are any buffer over run flaws in the after life :D. Gona abuse it and take control of some humans :D

As for fleesing peopel with fake hauntings, this is exacly what I'm on about. So easily faked.

If any ghost stories are true it usualy involves some kind of tragady (most often a murder). The ghosts then most offten luck around the place of there death or what ever. This is just speculation, all this is yet to be prooved.

That's the story behind the ada-witch in my area. She combs a 3 mile radius of where she was buried. Which is not far from where she was killed (by her husband no less), the field is maybe a mile away.

But, if I was given the option of been dead for 10ish minuets with a 100% chance of been brought back to life, I would give give it a shot no question. I wonder if there are any buffer over run flaws in the after life :D. Gona abuse it and take control of some humans :D

Oh lol, I would do the same. I can only imagine the amount of havok one could reak with the right amount of knowledge and motivation while having ghost abilities.

First of all... "ghosts" in the definition described aren't real. That definition is dead humans in an invisible form. The dead to not come back to "life" in an invisible form. The dead are conscience of nothing are can do nothing. I'm 100% positive that if I killed you in anger you would NOT come back to haunt me. Because you definitely know if that's the case then we have literally billions of dead people roaming the earth in anguish. And the reports are not even a longshot close to that.

BUT, what it is are demons that like to mess with us humans.

What would you rather believe, that it's your parent, friend, mate trying to reach you or a demon messing with you? They obviously see our emotional attachment and it's shown that they don't like us. Suffice to say they like to keep this gag going.

I've never had a problem with anything of this nature myself. I've heard of item(s) being posessed. I've heard of people hearing or seeing things and it stopping after they've got rid of those things or have stopped spiritistic practices (voodoo stuff, satanism, etc.)

I've had feelings, which are my own natural insecurities. I've heard things, those of which could be explained through searching to find what it was. I've seen things, of which were not real or was something I was just not seeing right.

I would guess no more then $100, since the NES it's self was worth no more then $60, and with it's interesting back story... but I'm not one to value objects using money.

Oh how I wish I knew where my old Nes' are. I used to have two of those puppies and one day boom, no where to be found. Sister probably stole them and sold them.

Hmm... I'm not sure I buy the 'invisible human' ghosts but there is a theory I find a little more intruiging;

It's been suggested that materials absorb energy and of course, since the human body is controlled by electrical impulses it uses electrical energy to fire off emotive responses... so why, if the energy used to prompt or create that emotion is strong enough (read: a large amount of energy, not a ghost who had been a overbearing father in the 1800s) could it not transfer to the walls of a house or a ceramic vase?

Surely that a little more possible than 'invisible human beings running around playing with people'? I mean it accounts for the not being able to see anything when someone comes across a 'vibe' or 'feeling' about an object or place, doesn't it?

Also horror films don't help much, they tend to convince people that if some place is dark it probably holds a demon/spirit/ghost/etc and combined with a human fear of the unknown it creates all sorts of odd thoughts...

Final note: Most Haunted? Pah! "Oh oh... it's getting colder over this side of the room...!"

Duh, you're standing by a 130 year old window in the middle of a cold night, might it perhaps be draughty? Oh, there's a hot spot in the room? Check for water pipes and radiators... :roll:

Hmm... I'm not sure I buy the 'invisible human' ghosts but there is a theory I find a little more intruiging;

It's been suggested that materials absorb energy and of course, since the human body is controlled by electrical impulses it uses electrical energy to fire off emotive responses... so why, if the energy used to prompt or create that emotion is strong enough (read: a large amount of energy, not a ghost who had been a overbearing father in the 1800s) could it not transfer to the walls of a house or a ceramic vase?

Surely that a little more possible than 'invisible human beings running around playing with people'? I mean it accounts for the not being able to see anything when someone comes across a 'vibe' or 'feeling' about an object or place, doesn't it?

Also horror films don't help much, they tend to convince people that if some place is dark it probably holds a demon/spirit/ghost/etc and combined with a human fear of the unknown it creates all sorts of odd thoughts...

Final note: Most Haunted? Pah! "Oh oh... it's getting colder over this side of the room...!"

Duh, you're standing by a 130 year old window in the middle of a cold night, might it perhaps be draughty? Oh, there's a hot spot in the room? Check for water pipes and radiators... :roll:

Exactly... it's much more reasonable to conclude it's not an apparition. Knowledge is power!

I wonder if there are any buffer over run flaws in the after life

Is the matrix running on windows?

This is most likly becasue we havn't made the link in our minds that software can be aultered by ghosts. Whcih, if some of the stories I have herd are true, they could. If the stories are true ghosts can play with electricity, and so could easily aulter a computers operating.

Wouldn't the goast have to be a skilled programer to screw with the internal oporation of a computer (besides just turing it on and off)?

Wouldn't the goast have to be a skilled programer to screw with the internal oporation of a computer (besides just turing it on and off)?

To screw with the internal operations and have it work, just to fuck shit up, no. Just mess with the transisters in side the computer.