Need Help Acquiring Meta Titles Based On Url

Schloobydooby

I have been trying to write a c## console app/excel macro/batch to go out and acquire and catalog meta titles based off an imputed URL, into an excel/XML/access database. I have little experience with cataloging in this way. But never the less I an currently tasked with cataloging 6000+ URLs into an excel spread sheet. I have tried to write it my self, but i mainly get suck trying to figure out how to get it to go to a URL, then pull off Meta titles (which I'm not even sure how to get to)and then place then into a sting in order to output the meta titles into a database. I truly would like to not manually type out 100,000's of meta titles so any help, recommendations, or comments are greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Schloobydooby

I have been trying to write a c## console app/excel macro/batch to go out and acquire and catalog meta titles based off an imputed URL, into an excel/XML/access database. I have little experience with cataloging in this way. But never the less I an currently tasked with cataloging 6000+ URLs into an excel spread sheet. I have tried to write it my self, but i mainly get suck trying to figure out how to get it to go to a URL, then pull off Meta titles (which I'm not even sure how to get to)and then place then into a sting in order to output the meta titles into a database. I truly would like to not manually type out 100,000's of meta titles so any help, recommendations, or comments are greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Schloobydooby

when you say meta titles, do you mean the title of the webpage? or do you mean meta tags that search engines would find? in either case you would have to open the web page as text and parse appropriately.

HTML Meta Tag info

• 4 weeks later...

thank you,

Schloobydooby

I think the best way to go about this is to use httpwebrequest & Response to get the entire code of a webpage, after that use regex or algorithims to parse the tags of the code you've retrived, on that note you may be able to place the code in an new htmlDocument and retrive the tags that way too, as for the database it really isnt that hard although i would suggest sql or mysql(access might work too), it is easyier to manage. then export into excell or csv and manipulate to your liking.