Need Help Building A Cluster

Biggjerry

im looking for some help building a cluster to crack wpa/wpa2 passwords

I am just starting out and dont have much info

if some one can point me in the right direction that would be awesome.

I have drawn this up "quickly" hopefully it will help

860fa4eef476c860feb4360d682ced5a.jpg

my main question as of right now is where do i start. I have the computers a router and network cable. Haha

where do i go from here

I don't know much about clustering, but I do know there is CUDA based WPA support and would be both faster and more cost effective if you wanted a full time cracking machine that can be used for more than just WPA. CPU clustering is nice for domain redundancy and distributed computing projects but I think you might be better servers with a dedicated GPU cluster vs CPU cluster.

With that said, try contacting Martin Bos. He has his own WPA/RAR/Hash password cracker online and has experience in setting this up if you do decide to go the GPU route.

http://twitter.com/purehate_

Edited by digip

I don't know if you have heard of this software, but it allows you to set up a cluster of computers, that can crack almost anything including WPA and WPA2.

The only downside is that it costs money, but it is one of the best I can tell you.

It also support NVIDIA cuda, which will be a lot faster and efficient than pure CPUs power.

http://www.elcomsoft.com/edpr.html

Way ahead of you man.... What you are looking to do is create a load balanced linux cluster (beowulf cluster). The best part about a beowulf cluster is that you will not need them to identical at all (hardware wise). They just need a form of UNIX like freebsd or linux and create a cluster with ssh and openmpi. This is old technology but is still very much used in video rendering. With a combined beowulf cluster you will be able to run numbers and words faster.

Way ahead of you man.... What you are looking to do is create a load balanced linux cluster (beowulf cluster). The best part about a beowulf cluster is that you will not need them to identical at all (hardware wise). They just need a form of UNIX like freebsd or linux and create a cluster with ssh and openmpi. This is old technology but is still very much used in video rendering. With a combined beowulf cluster you will be able to run numbers and words faster.

The only downside of this design, is that you will need a lot of computers, to achieve the computational power required to crack the WPA hash.

Whereas you could build 2 or 3 workstations and install up to 4 or 5 Nvidia graphics cards into it, achieving a lot more computational power at a low cost and a lot more efficiently as well.

Edited by Infiltrator

Yes but Pyrit (which is the main OpenCL based WPA cracking tool) does not support MPI. There was a patch floating around about a year ago that made pyrit support it, but I've looked for it everywhere and can't find it.

If you do manage to find it please post it here.

Yes but Pyrit (which is the main OpenCL based WPA cracking tool) does not support MPI. There was a patch floating around about a year ago that made pyrit support it, but I've looked for it everywhere and can't find it.

If you do manage to find it please post it here.

This guy on youtube, built a cluster of 15 nodes with GeForce 8800 using Pyrit patched for MPI-support.

I was only able to get around 100 passwords a second,per unit with the elcomsoft password software.

at this point im trying to Compute my own rainbow hases with cowpatty. Is there a way to split this up and do it as a cluster?

When you used the Elcomsoft how many computers did you have?

I've looked into something like this. I was thinking of hooking up 8 or so PS3's and going from there. Then Sony removed the OtherOS option from then since they didn't want to sell more units, or something like that. A while ago though I read that someone hacked it and was able to get Linux on it with the new firmware, but I didn't want to risk bricking any PS3's if something went wrong then. But there is probably more info on it now, but I haven't checked. There might even be a leaked copy of the firmware Sony made for the Air Force for their PS3 super computing project.