Are the forums getting over crowded?

Sparda

Since the release of episode one season two I'v noticed a increase in forum activity. Unfortunatly I hate forums where when you try to post in the time it's taken you to write a replie one or more poeple have alredy responded, fortunatly it hasn't come to that yet.

The only down side of the forums becoming more active so far is that it means there are 20od repliys in topics when I wake up, and each topic has 5 or more new posts.

What do you think on the forums becoming more active?

Edit: I realy should have put this in the "Questions" topic.

Might help, and might not. A nice example to follow might be the www.neowin.net forums. They have a shit ton of users. A thing that might help is to have vako, cooper, and mubix as mods of the entire forum, and then assign mods to the categories to help keep things organized and neat.

it is becomming a bit crowded, but are we big enough for for sub-cat's? i personally dont think so.... yet :wink:

It would help for better organization but as just Sparda pointed out, every morning there's about five new topics and ton more comments, and I've only been sleeping for a few hours. Oh well, the more the better but it's when we have noobs posting questions about the padora hack and they didn't even bother looking for it's dedicated section, that it becomes a problem.

I really don't like the whole sub cat idea. I already only read the everything else catagory and sometimes if im really bored the hacks and news ones. If there are subcatagories it will just be more annoying to have to click that many more times and id prolly limit it to fewer catagories that I freaquent.

Leave it as it as and let people deal with it.

i just stopped reading topics which dont intrest me :P

I started to do that a few weeks ago. But for the more crowded problem, i dont really see anything wrong with it. I would rather have the forum more active then the otherway around and not that active. Its nice to have new posts/threads waiting to be read everytime you come here instead of having nothing. It gives me something to do.

I say welcome the new users, I'm sure they'll fit in just fine.

When the forums first started it was just releases, everything else, and suggestions. And we all know what category gets the most love here.

I really don't think we're anywhere near ready for subcats. I see so many forums that have like 15 categories and 10 users.

I tend to just read the first post and if the thread topic interests me I'll drill down.

As for IRC, it nearly trippled on release day, then went down to about double, and it's now starting to widdle down to a reasonable 100-120. Anyway, could be worse.

I don't have a problem with new users as a more active forum is always good.

What I have a problem with is people asking the same questions over and over again because they don't search through the forum and when people can't be bothered to right their posts correctly and thought through.

What I have a problem with is people asking the same questions over and over again because they don't search through the forum and when people can't be bothered to right their posts correctly and thought through.

Isn't that the complaint from all the oldschools on EVERY forum you run across? Take a look at the netstumbler or brighthand forums. A ton of threads are replied to by a mod with a link to the search page and then locked.

Isn't that the complaint from all the oldschools on EVERY forum you run across? Take a look at the netstumbler or brighthand forums. A ton of threads are replied to by a mod with a link to the search page and then locked.

Stinger--- have to agree. If i see one more topic on 'what bit torrent program do you use, or what linux dist should i use, I will kill (unlike goDaddy. Who have never killed. Ever. Not sure about hak.5 tho, they might have. Once.)

But saying that there are some topics that are ok to be repeated. Like the post you desktop, or the odd programming language discussion thread. I think this forum has a good balance.... well we need a few more adults...but its alright really :)