Learning Programming

danielbrthwt

When it comes to IT books you can't go far wrong with any on the subject you are interested in from o'reilly.

Yea people i know have said that that brand is really good.

but i have a book called "Python programming for the absolute beginner" and that has challenges at the end of every chapter and i find them help full to consolidate what i have learnt.

do the o'reilly books have something like that ?

Most books will have a "problems" section at the end of each chapter as long as it is ment for an educational book.

Pretty much anything from Deitel will have that.

i had a look at the reviews of some of his books on amazon.com they look like there good for beginners but some of the are around 100 USD which is expencive for a book on programming

The problem is that the libary around where i live dosent have any programming books

Go and speak to the librarians there and see if they can get books from other libraries in your area. If they can't get the book you can usually request that they purchase it, there may be a small charge for a purchase but nothing like the cost of buying the book yourself.

Go and speak to the librarians there and see if they can get books from other libraries in your area. If they can't get the book you can usually request that they purchase it, there may be a small charge for a purchase but nothing like the cost of buying the book yourself.

Good idear thanks

Yea people i know have said that that brand is really good.

but i have a book called "Python programming for the absolute beginner" and that has challenges at the end of every chapter and i find them help full to consolidate what i have learnt.

do the o'reilly books have something like that ?

Nice ... thanks for the tip. The reviews say it all.. I've know basic , html, intermediate perl and bash scripting .. this is just the book Ive been looking for Thanks

Nice ... thanks for the tip. The reviews say it all.. I've know basic , html, intermediate perl and bash scripting .. this is just the book Ive been looking for Thanks

No problem but yea i thought it was a really good book because it has heaps on just the programming language but it also has stuff on GUI design

Whats that

An inter-library loan is where your local library will borrow the book, journal, etc from another library for you. Very useful for getting access to that book that is out of print.