donate to feed the children

1337n00b

True, i have friends who have worked for charitys before. They *really* wanted to help people, have done all there lives. But after 6 months all of them now say "don't give them cash, it gets wasted". 1/2 a million £ spent on a new building for 20 people to work in, people who think you should have AIDs if you want to work with aids charitys, otherwise you don't care. Some real fucked up people there.

So don't post adverts for crap theiving charitys in a tech forum again, ok?

Feed the Children (FC), an AIP F-rated charity that spends only 18% of its cash budget on program services and spends 60% on direct mail and television and radio ads, has been enormously successful obtaining gifts in kind. In fiscal 2004 FC received $865 million in donated goods, a 79% increase from fiscal 2003. 64% of its in kind donations came from three corporations, according to FC’s fiscal 2004 audit.
After conducting a four-month investigation, WTVF, a Nashville television station, recently reported that it had secretly videotaped Feed the Children’s (FTC) Nashville front office “from the executive director on down†regularly taking boxes of donated goods. WTVF reported that “even family members [of FTC staff] got in on the action.†Warehouse workers, who tipped off WTVF about the alleged thefts, told that station that they saw staff takes boxes they believed were intended for Kosovar Refugees and Oklahoma Tornado Victims. The Associated Press reported that Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents had raided the charity’s Nashville office and the homes of six administrative employees producing boxes of shoes, videos, blankets, food and other goods they believe were donated for the needy. “Merry Christmas to me†was written on one box according to the AP.

http://www.charitywatch.org/articles/feedchildren.html

60% of your donations goes on advertising... great charity...

If I were to donate to anything, it would be to... Well... Hak5.

I don't 'do' donations. You're gonna work for your money just like everybody else. If you won't, stop asking for a handout. If you can't, you're the government's problem. I pay my taxes, so I feel I get sufficiently involved.

I mean, there's groups out here that want to go to war-torn areas to help take care of the abandoned animals. People are starving just as fast if not faster in Africa, AIDS is killing people everywhere, the middle east is exploding, and they want me to send my money off to some place to feed a damned _puppy_??

The reason Hak5 would be different to me is that they provide me with a service for free that I wouldn't mind paying for.

I haven't donated yet, but I'm seriously thinking about it. Probably combine it with getting the paid DVD.

I’m just too busy burning 100 dollar bills and snorting coke of the backs of eastern European prostitutes to give a shit about the kids.

Despite this comments innapropriatness I found it hilarious. Metatron you owe me a new pair of undies cuz i just pissed myself.

Feed the Children (FC), an AIP F-rated charity that spends only 18% of its cash budget on program services and spends 60% on direct mail and television and radio ads, has been enormously successful obtaining gifts in kind. In fiscal 2004 FC received $865 million in donated goods, a 79% increase from fiscal 2003. 64% of its in kind donations came from three corporations, according to FC’s fiscal 2004 audit.
After conducting a four-month investigation, WTVF, a Nashville television station, recently reported that it had secretly videotaped Feed the Children’s (FTC) Nashville front office “from the executive director on down†regularly taking boxes of donated goods. WTVF reported that “even family members [of FTC staff] got in on the action.†Warehouse workers, who tipped off WTVF about the alleged thefts, told that station that they saw staff takes boxes they believed were intended for Kosovar Refugees and Oklahoma Tornado Victims. The Associated Press reported that Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents had raided the charity’s Nashville office and the homes of six administrative employees producing boxes of shoes, videos, blankets, food and other goods they believe were donated for the needy. “Merry Christmas to me†was written on one box according to the AP.

http://www.charitywatch.org/articles/feedchildren.html

60% of your donations goes on advertising... great charity...

Sonuvabitch, I had no idea. I was owned by those asses.

im with vako and metatron on this one.

i wouldnt give money to a homeless guy on the street because he might just by booze or drugs. id much rather walk past with a drink or something and offer it to him.

funny i say that my friend offerd a homeless guy a can of coke he had and the guy said no thanks ive got some drink in my bag!!

i know its harsh but thats life.

like people on the dole who can work but are too lazy too. that really gets to me.

i hate all the charity adverts where they show pictures of hurt animals say dogs.

now me being a dog owner it gets to me. but i just remember what i learnt in media studies. that its just an advert playing on peoples emotion towards animals...one of the 14-16 codes and conventions of media...and i thought i learnt nothing in school.

but yeah please dont post links to charitys...no one cares

Save the children is a very legit program that I donate to.

To you nay-sayers:

Go fornicate yourself with a metal rod!!!!!

Wow. There are a lot of douchebags here, Are you saying kids in africa, who dont have any parents should be forced to be child soldiers or prostitutes. Let me ask you a question: Is it the kid's fault that they are starving and/or in bad situations.

If you answered yes to this question, you should be castrated, and have your knee's and elbows blown apart by well placed .50 caliber rounds.

There's my rant

Save the children is a very legit program that I donate to.

To you nay-sayers:

Go fornicate yourself with a metal rod!!!!!

Wow. There are a lot of douchebags here, Are you saying kids in africa, who dont have any parents should be forced to be child soldiers or prostitutes. Let me ask you a question: Is it the kid's fault that they are starving and/or in bad situations.

If you answered yes to this question, you should be castrated, and have your knee's and elbows blown apart by well placed .50 caliber rounds.

There's my rant

You make an argument that is neither good nor valid. Is it the kids fault? No. Is it your fault? No. Just because there are people less fortunate than others does not make it the responisbility of the fortunate ones to donate money or otherwise. As metatron stated. Charity begins at home. Why should I send my money to a charity when I can take that same 5 dollars and spend it on gas to go serve food at my local food shelf on sunday? If you take that same 5 dollars and send it to a child in africa the child might see 20 cents of it.

I do think charity is a good thing, but it is also the reasons that you do it. Guilting people into giving is the same thing as having them give for the wrong reasons. If people want to give to charity they should do it because they WANT to.

Your argument that the kids should not have to pay for the circumstances of their situation definitely pulls at the heartstrings, but as I stated before. Why should we feel obligated to help the kids? I am being serious here. You posted a link and said donate to charity. I would like to hear the reasons why we should donate to this charity, and why we should feel responsible for children thousands of miles away. I also ask you why we should ignore the starving people on the streets of new york, london, or moscow?

Guest zacharygriggs

why does that guy walk BESIDE the children without shoes saying that a few cents a day can buy her/him usually a girl, a pair of shoes, JUST FUCKING CARRY HER YOURSELF ASSHOLE.

I couldn’t care less if there forced to be child soldiers or prostitutes. If they can’t help them self’s then why should I help them?

Briton hundreds of years ago forced kid into slave like labour in cotton mills, had child prostitutes, used child soldiers and according to a lot of countries we still use child soldiers as you can join the armed forces at 16.

The thing is even know we use to be a poor country with starving people and huge issues we managed to bale are self’s out and fix most of the issues and are now one of the richest countries in the world.

If people stopped giving these third world counties hand outs and keeping their corrupt governments afloat by supporting the people, maybe they will sort themselves out.